How to Install Cubase 9 Pro from version bought second-hand?

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
emptybe

How to Install Cubase 9 Pro from version bought second-hand?

Post by emptybe » Thu May 24, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi All,
I finally bit the Cubase bullet. I bought a copy of Pro 9 on Ebay (reputable seller etc). I have received the original install discs (for Pro 8, since upgraded to 9) and the USB elicenser. The seller has deregistered it on their mysteinberg account. But I'm confused as to how I install it. I have downloaded the elicenser software and registered with Steinberg but can't find anything telling me how I get started downloading and installing the software.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: How to Install Cubase 9 Pro from version bought second-hand?

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu May 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi,

You can't deregister an USB-eLicenser, as far as I know. You can only register it to the new user. Please read thru these steps to know, what has to be done before a resale.
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

svennilenni

Re: How to Install Cubase 9 Pro from version bought second-hand?

Post by svennilenni » Mon May 28, 2018 11:42 am

emptybe wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:09 pm
Hi All,
I finally bit the Cubase bullet. I bought a copy of Pro 9 on Ebay (reputable seller etc). I have received the original install discs (for Pro 8, since upgraded to 9) and the USB elicenser. The seller has deregistered it on their mysteinberg account. But I'm confused as to how I install it. I have downloaded the elicenser software and registered with Steinberg but can't find anything telling me how I get started downloading and installing the software.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started?
Create a MySteinberg-Account, and register your USB eLicenser there (what how I read it you have done already) Shortly after having done that, you should get a download link in your MySteinberg accounts under "mydownloads" ( or similar to that)

Return to “Presales”