Cubase 9.5 download-USB elicenser

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
cassadymac

Cubase 9.5 download-USB elicenser

Post by cassadymac » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 pm

I'm sure I am missing the obvious. I have used Cubasis for my recording needs, but felt it was time to upgrade. Bought the full 9.5. In my cart I also purchased the USB-elicenser. I have downloaded cubase 9.5, run the update to 9.5.13. But I cannot open Cubase because I don't have the USB.

So do I understand correctly, unless I have a USB-elicenser, the download is worthless? I should have bought both in a box? How long do I have to wait on shipping the dongle. Basically, I'm dead in the water until it arrives?

Thanks for your response.

Scab Pickens

Re: Cubase 9.5 download-USB elicenser

Post by Scab Pickens » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:06 pm

You definitely need the USB-eLicenser to use Artist or Pro. How long you need to wait until it arrives is anybody's guess. When did you order it? Where did you order it from? Where is it shipping from? Where is it shipping to? Don't you get any shipping updates?
Windows 7 | Cubase Pro 9 / 7.5 (64) | i7-950 3.1 12GB | Focusrite PRO 40

cassadymac

Re: Cubase 9.5 download-USB elicenser

Post by cassadymac » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:03 pm

I ordered and downloaded it straight from Steinberg website. Purchased last night (Friday 15th). I have the confirmation emails and activation codes. I enter that into the license control panel and it looks for the usb. I obviously don’t have that since it’s a download.

I wonder if all that shipping will be taken care if Monday. Maybe that is when I will receive my shipment notices.

Return to “Presales”