options needed for activating cycle when clicking in timeline

No, the region you have to click on is wide enough to enable accidental clicking into cycle mode. I’ve done it frequently, and so have many others. It doesn’t have anything to do with mouse sensitivity or mouse pads.

We would just like the option to disable it. Cheers.

+1 again.
Such a horrible idea in the first place imho
I don’t like anything removed, but being able to disable this behavior would be appreciated.

I agree that clicking on the ruler to toggle cycling is a negative, because it’s too easy to accidentally click in the wrong place. It’s very annoying and something I don’t find useful at all. Surely some users must have requested this feature though, so maybe we could have an option in the preferences to disable it, as others have mentioned.

+1

I hit it all the time, and changing my mouse sensitivity for this single thing does not make sense. Also, people use a variety of mouses, with and without mouse pads. I use a trackball.

+1 again. I accidentally activate it often.

Regards :sunglasses:

It’s not just for a single thing. Consider it a possible indication that your mouse/pointer sensitivity may be just a bit higher than necessary overall. The lower clickable area of the ruler is huge.

Please, I know my taste.

I would love to disable the option of clicking in the timeline and having Cubase think I want to loop/cycle between the start/stop markers. I want to move the playback “head” and instead I activate the loop/cycle option. For as little as I use the loop/cycle option I am more than fine with having it (only) down in the playback control box.

+1

Helge

www.borgarts.de

+1

The problem is that before we hadn’t to seek, just click the ruler. Now we need to pay attention (when we dont’ forget), which is a pain when done very often !

I don´t click in time line any more.
I use > shortcuts for all tasks.
Better and faster solution. :bulb:

Without a single doubt there needs to be an option to turn it off. Lots of complaints here since it was introduced a few years ago. Adjusting mouse sensitivity for this one little thing is not a solution or workaround IMO – I have my sensitivity adjusted for my taste in speed, and it doesn’t affect anything else negatively.

100%, there should be an option to turn it off. Seems like a simple thing to implement and it would be a solid thing that would improve workflow in Cubase for so many of your users.

Yes please let us turn this off, it gets in the way very often for me and apparently for many others!

+1

+1!!!

Steinberg Team is deaf ???

+1

Agree. It is still not possible to deactivate this, even in 10.5. Really annoying!!! Any yes, I use a lot of key commands, but there still a lot of occasions where you want to place the courser at a certain position … its then when it happens to me a lot!!!

As someone who requested and lobbied for this, I’m happy the request was fulfilled. It was just for “options needed for activating cycle when clicking in timeline,” and now you can turn off activating cycle in the timeline.

If you wanted more changes, probably you should start a new FR.

Yes!! Thanks! Preference → Transport → ‘Clicking Locator range in Upper Part of the Ruler Activates Cycle’

1 Like