Vertical zoom with mouse wheel + key modifier

Please add vertical zoom with mouse wheel + key modifier.

Currently:

mouse wheel: scroll vertically
mouse wheel + shift: scroll horizontally
mouse wheel + ctrl: zoom horizontally

mouse wheel + alt: scroll vertically with draw tool activated
mouse wheel + shift + alt: scroll horizontally with draw tool activated
mouse wheel + ctrl + alt: zoom horizontally with draw tool activated

i suggest that

mouse wheel + ctrl + shift: zoom vertically
mouse wheel + ctrl + shift + alt: zoom vertically with draw tool activated

2 Likes

That would be lovely. I had to sacrifice two keys for easy vertical zooming.

Yes indeed! I’m sure this has been requested many times before. ARE YOU LISTENING S T E I N B E R G !?!?

+1 makes perfect sense, always has done … yet still nothing…

Oh yes, agree! :smiley:

In addition, it would be awesome if these new tool modifiers could be customized in preferences too.

Yes, I’d love to see this function in Cubase!

+1
This would be awesome! It would definitely improve workflow within Cubase.

Definitely +1… Don’t agree with that suggestion Ctrl+Shift+MW, I would rather see for example Alt+MW, but that can be solved by an option in preferences to be able to set it my own way. It’s a minor thing but a huge improvement in workflow and flexibility.

+1

I come from logic and the zoom & scrolling behavior is so much better in logic. It is the only thing I really don’t like in cubase pro 9 and that slows down my workflow in a heavy way. Only after this works smoothly I will be able to fully ignore logic. So please Steinberg do it!!!

+1

1 Like

1+ PLEASE devs tell us if you plan to implement this

1 Like

Hi has this been implemented? Whats the reason i’m unable to assign a function key with a mouse scroll to zoom vertically?

I can do this for zoom horizontially but not vertically?

I’ve tried to do this change in the key commands but it won’t recognise a mouse movement?

Am I doing something wrong or are Steinberg unable to program what seem like a kind of easy tweak to the software to allow this?

1 Like

pls make it ALT mouse scroll on MAC. Every app uses that combination - not COMMAND scroll

1 Like

this guy found a solution:

Soundflow is for Mac only, no Win10

5 years later … . + 1

2 Likes