Add New Preference -Open Projects with it's Last Saved State

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
Prock
Grand Senior Member

Add New Preference -Open Projects with it's Last Saved State

Post by Prock » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Please add the following option to the Cubase>Preferences>General>Open Projects menu:

"Open Projects with it's Last Saved State" - When chosen, this option would open each project in the exact state it was in when it was last saved and closed. "All settings" that pertain to each specific project would be saved and restored upon opening it. "All settings" mean EVERYTHING. Every setting, view, zoom level, everything typed in any menu and submenu, including all things in the "Audio Mixdown" and submenus, etc.

Here are the options currently available. I do not believe any of these setting do what I am asking for.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Open Projects in Last Used View Allows you to select whether projects are opened using their original window layout and settings, or using the view that you last used on your computer. This can either be the last used view that was saved on your computer or one of your specified global workspaces.

• Never - Projects are always opened using their original window layout and settings.

• Only External Projects - Projects that have been created on a different computer are opened using the view that you last used on your computer. Projects that have been created on this computer are opened using their original window layout and settings.

• Always - Projects are always opened using the view that you last used on your computer."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am sure that feature requests similar to this have been asked for in previous versions of Cubase. Hopefully, adding another FR in the CB9 forum will keep the ball rolling and get this incorporated.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

suntower

Re: Add New Preference -Open Projects with it's Last Saved S

Post by suntower » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:08 am

On my Annual List for 10+ years. Actually... I don't think it needs a pref. I think EVERY CPR should always open with the same cursor position, zoom, etc.

One of those little things that will never happen, but which I support whole-heartedly... like truth, justice, love, etc...
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:22 pm

suntower wrote:On my Annual List for 10+ years. Actually... I don't think it needs a pref. I think EVERY CPR should always open with the same cursor position, zoom, etc.

One of those little things that will never happen, but which I support whole-heartedly... like truth, justice, love, etc...
I am sure I +1'd every post you submitted on this topic. Seems like a no brainer to me that everyone would welcome this. I am guessing that this must be a tough one for Steinberg to incorp. Possibly due to the way the CB software is currently written. Who knows.

Regardless... we persevere. ;)

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Toronja

Post by Toronja » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:36 am

I waste lot of time with this, needs to be solve because it senseless you have to move zoom, cursor position and main ruler when you work with different projects (let's say, always)

Regards
Pablo
Music Composer / www.pabloborghi.com

DTS Recording Studio

Post by DTS Recording Studio » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:22 pm

+1
"An Optimist says that glass is half full, a Pessimist says that glass is half empty...an Engineer says that glass is twice as large as it needs to be!"
www.DTSrecordingstudio.com www.facebook.com/DTSrecordingstudio

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: Add New Preference -Open Projects with it's Last Saved State

Post by raino » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:15 pm

+584372716328428²

This is why we can't have anything nice. :idea:
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Larioso

Post by Larioso » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:16 am

+1

And preferences for it would be good. Some checkboxes which parts to consider a project changed and also restore as loaded at other time.
Windows 7 Pro - Intel i7-860 2.8GHz 16 GB - Cubase Pro 9.5 latest - RME HDSP 9632 + AI4S + Audient ASP 800 - Nvidia GT730

djw

Post by djw » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:56 pm

I definitely think it should be a preference if it's added, being a "clean slate" type of person...

alexis
Grand Senior Member

Post by alexis » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:29 pm

+1
Alexis

-Cubase "Safe Start Mode" (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT)
-Get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here,
-Replacing freely-timed section into a variable tempo project

Cubase 9.0.20; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W10 Pro 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo; Jamstix 3.6; RevoicePro3.3; EZDrummer 2

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”