VU meter/Peak meter/both option for all audio channels

Yes, that would be a great feature

1 Like

Did you try Sleepy Time MonoChannel and StereoChannel? They are for free:

Maggie, thank you for adding this to the list of options.

Would you agree that it would be preferable to have such meters built-in to Cubase? See Harrison Mixbus for an example of how this could be done.

A big challenge with using third-party tools is that they cannot be easily integrated into the MixConsole view or per channel; the user has to manually add the meters per channel and then open/close them in a plugin interface. This requires a lot of extra work and gets “in the way”; alternatively, having them built into the mixer would streamline the process. Also, the meters have to be manually calibrated depending on Cubase configuration, which many users might not realize; built-in meters could automatically adjust to the Cubase configuration.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Yes, I would agree. I have also used the SleepyTime tools as a free alternative, until Steinberg integrates it into Cubase. Steinberg and Harrison are working together, maybe something is coming in this direction.

+1 oh yes please. Right now I changed colours in ‘metering-appearance’ to reproduce visually what I could expect by seeing VU meter. Not perfect but easier than inserting 3rd party plugin on every channel

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

This would be a great addition to cubase. I use klanghelm VUMT as an insert plugin but having a RMS reading in each channel as an option would be a nice feature for me!!

1 Like

+1

Regards. :sunglasses:

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1 Yes!!

1 Like

+1

1 Like

It is not great addition. It is a necessity ! We need it because without that Cubase it is not a Professional tools.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

I use color on the meter for now. But more options in this catagory is welcome in my studio (wouldent min a pre fader meter option too)

1 Like

+1

1 Like