Storing Preferences , Templates, Key Commands etc...

I’ve decided to change the title of the thread an modify the OP as it had a bit of anger to it. Also if you know about all this, it should not prevent you from updating. I hope it grabbed Steinberg’s attention. I’m happy that for some of you, the profile manager seamed to have grabbed your all you settings, presets and IO routings. The profile manager is a good tool for quickly switching from and to different stations.

I’d still love to see a standardized way of storing every preset, template, routings, logical editors and preferences. I have learned my lesson and will never upgrade unless I have a day or two ahead of me to make sure everything’s in order. That’s on me. I think that knowing where Cubase stores everything is one thing but for everyone who are used to keeping all of that in a separate location, away from the OS drive, it does bring needless frustrations.

For some of you who might have read the very well put ‘‘7 design issues’’ thread 7 design issues that should be easy to fix in Cubase - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I think this should be the 8th.