render in place extra options

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
keltech

render in place extra options

Post by keltech » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 am

I normally send many instruments to a group, sometimes the group has send fx also
mostly its just the instrumental track that has send fx ,I noticed in the render in place options that you have to include group settings if you want to render the send fx in place. could there be an option for send fx to be rendered for the track and leave out the group settings being included?.
or maybe a render in place option for send fx only so we can quickly make a seperate recording of the send fx or inserts. this would be so handy when required to have the reverb/fx recorded separately to the dry instrument

please add comments if you think this would be handy
thanks!
Cubase 9.5, UAD Apollo 8, Mac

Tarquam

Re: render in place extra options

Post by Tarquam » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 am

Yes, there could be this nice box like in MIDI export
to check
  • Render Pre
  • Render Inserts
  • Render Channel Strip
  • Render Sends
  • Render Output settings
Also the option of "Render Sends separately" would be useful

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:14 am

+1 Good idea

Even if not all items could be included, perhaps some could be. "Render Inserts/Sends Only" +1

(Re: Render Settings: In another post of mine on Render Settings, I suggest adding "Naming Scheme" to the Render Settings dialogue. Having that would help manage the increased functionality of RIP Settings your post envisions viewtopic.php?f=252&t=144985).
Last edited by Stephen57 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

ResonantMind

Post by ResonantMind » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:56 am

I've mostly ignored Render In Place because it includes the fader level which doesn't make any sense to me.

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:08 am

And a check box "render mono if tracks are mono" !
+ 1
"They told us all they wanted was a sound that could kill someone from a distance" (Kate Bush, Experiment IV)
"Do you already know the manual?" ^^
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?" ^^

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”