Frequently crashes when press "Save"

Ok, will try that when im back from vacation in a week or so. But from where can i download 9.5.21?

The normal 9.5.0 you download from your steinberg account (± 12 gb) and then you just google for 9…21 update and it appears right away.
If you have any problems just send me a message and i can arange it for you. but hopefully steinberg will release a new update with all of this fixed…
I really hope they do…

Thanks, found and downloaded 9.5.2. Hope the reinstall works. Keeping my fingers crossed …

I have this problem too, just in case it helps to report it here. Trashing prefs doesn’t fix it.

The crash leads to the following issue:
“Project xxxxx.cpr was created with Cubase 1.x.
This program version cannot load it.”

Hi,

Plese make sure the latest update (Cubase 9.5.30 at this moment) is installed. Share the dmp (Windows: Documents/Steinberg/crash dumps) or crash (Mac: macOS Console utility) file here to be able to resolve it, please.

Hi,

Thank you for the crash file. Reported to Steinberg.

Hi,

Please, try to trash Cubase preferences. Does it still crash after?

I will trash everything named Steinberg later this evening - and then install everything from scratch up to 9.5.21. Will keep you updated how it goes …

Hi,

To trash Cubase preferences, located %appdata% Steinberg/Cubase 9.5 folder. Rename, or delete this Cubase 9.5 folder.

Ok …looks like it worked with full re-installation (up to 9.5.21). I have so far opened 3 different projects - and with no crash when hitting save. Hopefully it will continue this way …

That is exactly what i did and no way i’m going back to 9.5.30 again…
Everything is working just fine with 9.5.21

Hi,

Did you thrash the preferences, please?

audiorommet - how far did you go in your “cleaning”? Did you follow all these steps (see link), including deleting 3rd party plug-ins? I certainly hope there is a less time consuming way out of this problem? Anyway, I would really appreciate your short description of what you did. Thanks in advance!

Hi Whirly. See under (yes = deleted, no = not deleted)

System volume/Applications/ (yes)
System volume/Users//Library/Preferences/* (yes)
System volume/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/ (no)
System volume/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3/Steinberg/ (yes)
System volume/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/(no)
System volume/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/ (yes)
System volume/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/** (yes)
System volume/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/Halion/VST Sound/** (yes)

I also deleted the Steinberg .plist files

Yes, i did. + almost everything else

Thanks a lot for your elaborated reply, that’s very kind of you. But - ouch! It’s quite a comprehensive list. My Steinberg/Content folder is 73 Gb with all kinds of stuff. I think I will contemplate this for a while before deciding what to do.

I’m having the same issue on Nuendo, and it really makes me pissed. I’m earning my money in working as a sound engineer in my studio. That’s the most paradox issue I ever had. Crashing when saving, unbelievable! Steinberg, come on, you should fix that bug immidiately, befor your clients will jump back to Pro Tools.
I’m on Nuendo 8.3 but I’ve got that problem for a longer time. Maybe it already was in Nuendo 7. Having a Pro 5,1 an Mac Pro 6,1. On both computers the same poop.
Thrashing preferences is not helping.

Hi,

Please attach the*.crash file located in the macOS Utility Console.

Hey Martin,

I can’t send the crash report here. As an attachment it says “error” and when I copy and paste the whole text, it says “too many characters”. What to do?

Hi,

Interesting, the forum should accept *.crash file, and there are other users, whose are sending it this way.

Could you ZIP it? Or in the worse case, could you paste it as a plain text to the textEdit and store it as *txt and attach?

Or just share it via Dropbox or similar, please.