Mixer history bug

it’s not data overload my friend…@peakae
mixer history is just stop at any time of doing work. then it not register a single entry weather it is an insert or changing parameters …
after that hv to restart DAW and it works again but can’t say how long cubase will register mixer history…
using 9.5.10 W7 64 bit

As I said, it did not this ONE time I actually looked at it.
So this one is probably a intermittent BUG that can be hard to track down.
If anyone can come up with a way of triggering this bug, it would be helpful.

Is this a windows version dependable issue? I noticed based on replies and their signatures, a few users with win 7 reporting everything’s working fine, and all with the problem are on win 10.

Is there anyone on win 7 having this problem?

Yes, I am on Win 7 Professional 64bit and the issue is alive and well. It’s very frustrating. After reading this thread again, I didn’t come away from it thinking it was an issue exclusive to Windows 10.

+1

Win 7 here. I hate this bug so much. This need to be patched asap.

I think the problem occurs when you drag and drop a plugin from one track to another.

I think…

No…
It occurs any time… Not specified bug… Infact lots of bug are there in this 9.5.10 update…

Same here. Most of the times I need mixer history after a while. I noticed there is always unusable old history. Back to basics…

Also on Windows if it matters.

Hopefully all Steinies are back in the office next week :wink:

Same here…

(Cubase Pro 9.5.10 / Windows 10 regularly updated)

Hello all, I too am experiencing intermittent mixer history here on Cubase 9.5.1 on Win 7 64 Ultimate. Extremely frustrating especially since it has been integrated into my workflow since its implementation. Steinberg please release a fix asap.

Steinberg It’s been more than a month now, we need you to fix this, We depend on the Mixer History function, it’s a Big work flow issue. I never heard of a Logic or Protools Mixer History bug, This is not like Steinberg to ignore it. I’ve been using Cubase since 1995, never had such a serious Bug as this one. You must address this ASAP. We trust you to do So …I hate to think it will be ignored, I regard the History function as one of the biggest achievements Cubase ever had, it was my dream come true and it actually changed the way i work and affected my life, and now it’s gone :frowning:

Still not fixed!

This bug is really annoying. The mixer history was “the killer feature” when it was introduced with V9.
It prevents me from using 9.5. Because this bug shows me how unreliable this new version is.

Sorry.

I disappointed. My trust in reliability of this software is falling.

The issue is known and reproducible. It is currently set to be fixed with the next maintenance update. It might take some weeks for it to be released though…

I just had this happen to me in a large project, and all I can really say is… what a drag. I consider this feature and a few others a major function within CB that should never have an issue/bug period. I believe there are functions in a DAW that should always be prioritized and extensively checked upon, specially prior to a major upgrade release.

At least it’s being taken care of and I’m ok with that.

Any word yet on when the maintenance patch that fixes this will be released? Pretty big issue to not get patched quickly…

It should be in the first half of March but there is no exact date available yet.

Thanks for the quick response, hope it’s sooner than later.

Me too. 28 of July, still waiting for a fix…

This was fixed with 9.5.20: (2018-03-08)

CAN-12608 MixConsole
An issue has been resolved where the MixConsole History stopped logging actions.

Or do you think it is still buggy?

I don’t have this problem anymore.