eLicenser Control Center error

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
donttouchmyaxe

Re: eLicenser Control Center error

Post by donttouchmyaxe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 pm

Update:
It seems the maintainence isn't necessary every time.
On my machine eLicenser has to run and in the tab of the USB-dongle Cubase 9.5 has to be selected.

kirkiliadis

Post by kirkiliadis » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Yep! it seems you are right, thank you donttouchmyaxe!!! Now is a little bit easier.

kososky

Post by kososky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Thank you for your solution donttouchmyaxe; it runs fine !!!!
The sound makes the music.

Veertje

Post by Veertje » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:59 pm

I just can't get it working, had the same problem as stated here.
Then he kept wanting to update which never got further then 'preparing installation'.
Then I tried with having the elicenser open but that still dodn't work.
Did all the updates but nothing
Wanted me to restart so I did, now I get this:

The Soft-eLicenser on this computer seems to be altered in an unrecoverable way.
Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue.

*Sigh* please help

jazzplayer

Post by jazzplayer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi Everyone - both happy but sad that other people are having this problem - I thought it was just me.

I've got the same issue for Windows 10 64bit Fall Creator update 1709. My system is 'perfect' and it's only Cubase 9.5.10 have issues. *EXACTLY* the same as above - my work around was quite significant:

* Restore previous windows version (do this within 7 days)
* Disable the windows update service

I had to do this as was working on a major project and had to have Cb working. I did however try a huge number of things to get it fire up and it wouldn't.

This workaround is not ideal as some of my software requires the latest Windows updates so I'm in limbo but I do have a working system.

I'll try the ingenious workaround from kirkiliadis and update (thank you). *However* - I raised this with Cubase 3 weeks ago and have not heard a thing. I've provided detailed logs, services, pids etc. and have heard nothing. I even offered a full image of my non-functional system - but nothing heard back. :(

I understand how busy they are but as so many people are now having problems surely this must be addressed as a matter of priority.

Thanks everyone.
Cubase Pro 9.5.10. WIn 10 64 bit. i5 / 24 Gb RAM. SSD's. Licensed Waves plugins. Trilian. Lots of Focusrite outboard. MR 816X. Too many, but never enough guitars.....

KHS

Post by KHS » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Windows 10 64 bit build 1709 working fine here without any issues.
Cubase Pro 10.0.50 - Steinberg UR242 - Windows 10 Latest build - I7-7700K - Gigabyte GTX1070 Xtreme Gaming - 16GB RAM - Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z270 mobo - Corsair MP510 960 GB - Corsair MP510 1920 GB - Samsung 840 EVO 240 GB - Crucial MX300 525 GB.

jazzplayer

Post by jazzplayer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 am

May I ask if it was an update to an existing Win 10 installation or a new install of Windows 10 1709?

Justr trying to work out where the issue is.

Thanks
Cubase Pro 9.5.10. WIn 10 64 bit. i5 / 24 Gb RAM. SSD's. Licensed Waves plugins. Trilian. Lots of Focusrite outboard. MR 816X. Too many, but never enough guitars.....

KHS

Post by KHS » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Don't remember. Last full Windows install was around August 2017 or something like that. Not sure which version it was at that time.
Cubase Pro 10.0.50 - Steinberg UR242 - Windows 10 Latest build - I7-7700K - Gigabyte GTX1070 Xtreme Gaming - 16GB RAM - Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z270 mobo - Corsair MP510 960 GB - Corsair MP510 1920 GB - Samsung 840 EVO 240 GB - Crucial MX300 525 GB.

jazzplayer

Post by jazzplayer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks - it could be that full installs are OK but upgrades to 1709 are not. Interesting!

kirkiliadis

Post by kirkiliadis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Just for the record this happens also in all previous Cubase versions.
( I keep the 6, 7, 7,5 8,5 and 9 versions in my pc).
And they have the same problem under the Windows 10,1709 update.

jazzplayer

Post by jazzplayer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:47 am

Hi Everyone

I've received a lovely support call from Steinberg. :D They are fully aware of this problem and are attempting to find the issue. At this stage they're not sure what it is but it's positive that they can see an issue. I was asked to send my PC diagnostics (msinfo32) and update history which I've done. It might be a good idea for those with this issue to log a formal support call with Steinberg. They are aware then will be able to ask for your msinfo32 data and update histories with an aim to resolve. We all need to help. :)

All the best

SantiGlen

Post by SantiGlen » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi everyone¡¡

My name is SantiGlen. I have in my computer installed CUBASE 8.5, but i have problems with the elicense because the activation code is not reconazed. I change my computer and I return to install the software in it. When I try to confirmate th serial number al elicense the message is this:

Isn't any license to be actived

Could you help me please?

Davor Devcic D3

Post by Davor Devcic D3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:56 pm

They HAVE TO resolve this problem. I keeping my PC out of updating now for 2 months, it's crazy. I cannot believe Steinberg
can't make some sort of patch, service update version (9.5.2), whatever. Why Cubase worked in symbiosis with eLicencer all these years and all of sudden latest version of Windows "spoils" all that? How many programmers are there in Steinberg? How hard can it be to fix communication between Cubase and eLicencer? t's been at least 2 months, maybe more since this problem appeared....
Cubase User Since 1992.

jazzplayer

Post by jazzplayer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi Everyone

I had a message from Steinberg support yesterday informing me that they've received more calls reagrding ELC and Cubase not starting. They also informed me that they've recognised the problem and there will be a fix for this in the next version of ELC. They couldn't provide a date but this is very promising and I suspect that as the number of calls has increased their fix could be sooner than later. I'll let you know when I know more.

Cheers

Davor Devcic D3

Post by Davor Devcic D3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:54 am

Oh, it seems we see the trace of light in the end of tunnel.... I never (see my signature) encountered such problem with Cubase.
Cubase User Since 1992.

jazzplayer

Post by jazzplayer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Davor Devcic D3 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:54 am
Oh, it seems we see the trace of light in the end of tunnel.... I never (see my signature) encountered such problem with Cubase.
Same here - very stable software.

Davor Devcic D3

Post by Davor Devcic D3 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Did anyone from Steinberg saw this thread?
Any updates?
Cubase User Since 1992.

Dirk Stegemann
Steinberg Employee

Post by Dirk Stegemann » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Yes, we're actively developing a fix for the "unresponsive service" issue.

Also, our tech support is currently gathering more data from affected systems, to help us test the solution.

In case your system exposes the symptoms described above (viewtopic.php?f=253&t=128807), and you haven't been contacted by our tech support yet, please feel free to execute the analysis command given below, and send the resulting text file to me.

Command to execute in a CMD window (takes a couple of minutes to run):

Code: Select all

for %x in (HKLM, HKCR, HKCC, HKCU, HKU) do REG Query %x /f SYNSOPOS.EXE /t REG_SZ /s >> %UserProfile%\Documents\Registry_Synsopos.txt
Result file:
"Registry_Synsopos.txt" inside your Documents folder.

My e-mail address: d.stegemann [at] steinberg.de

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience caused so far...

PS: Manually launching elicenser Control Center before starting Cubase seems to be a valid workaround most of the time.
Dirk Stegemann
Software Developer & QA
SMTG Digital Unit - Services

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

Dwangster

Post by Dwangster » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:00 pm

I have the same problem with Windows 7 SP1 64bit. Has anybody else using Windows 7 had this problem?

Davor Devcic D3

Post by Davor Devcic D3 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:37 pm

No, this is a thread especially related to Cubase + Win 10 revision 1709.
Cubase User Since 1992.

Davor Devcic D3

Post by Davor Devcic D3 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Dirk Stegemann wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:43 pm

(...)
Also, our tech support is currently gathering more data from affected systems, to help us test the solution.

(...)

PS: Manually launching elicenser Control Center before starting Cubase seems to be a valid workaround most of the time.
Thank You , Dirk, because Windows becomes "unpatient" - There's no more "restart" option, only "update and restart", so I have to turn off and on my PC.
Cubase User Since 1992.

Davor Devcic D3

Post by Davor Devcic D3 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:06 am

Did I missed something, or I don't see this among resolved issues in "Version History"????? Please somebody enlight me because it seems I'll stuck with pre-1709 Win10 for ever :/
Cubase User Since 1992.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:15 am

The eLicenser Control Center hasn't been updated yet. Check again next week.
http://www.elicenser.net/
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Davor Devcic D3

Post by Davor Devcic D3 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:37 pm

Dirk Stegemann wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:43 pm

In case your system exposes the symptoms described above (viewtopic.php?f=253&t=128807), and you haven't been contacted by our tech support yet, please feel free to execute the analysis command given below, and send the resulting text file to me.

Command to execute in a CMD window (takes a couple of minutes to run):

Code: Select all

for %x in (HKLM, HKCR, HKCC, HKCU, HKU) do REG Query %x /f SYNSOPOS.EXE /t REG_SZ /s >> %UserProfile%\Documents\Registry_Synsopos.txt
Result file:
"Registry_Synsopos.txt" inside your Documents folder.

My e-mail address: d.stegemann [at] steinberg.de

Dirk, I don't want to be rude, but I have to work. I really don't have a time to do testing and installing/reinstalling. I cannot afford Cubase that don't work. This softvare feeds my family.
Cubase User Since 1992.

Dirk Stegemann
Steinberg Employee

Post by Dirk Stegemann » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 am

Davor Devcic D3 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:37 pm
Dirk, I don't want to be rude, but I have to work. I really don't have a time to do testing and installing/reinstalling. I cannot afford Cubase that don't work. This softvare feeds my family.
Hello Davor, the final version of the fixed eLicenser Control installer has been created, QA'ed and approved for release.
It should be made public on our website today.

Sorry for the long time it took to finally fix this issue...
Dirk Stegemann
Software Developer & QA
SMTG Digital Unit - Services

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

Return to “Issues”