How to remove HALion presets licence missing message

I have lived with the problem I reported in the first post for some time now, because I did not want to accidentally remove files needed by Halion Sonic SE. On checking back here I see others have had the same issue, but I still do not understand what I have to do to sort this mess out.

1. I have a folder called %AppData%Roaming/Steinberg/Content/HALion. It is empty, there is no VST Sound folder within it.

2. I have a folder called %AppData%Roaming/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound. It has an empty folder called User Content, and 66 files. Some of those files have HS in their file name, some have HSSE in their file name, and there are other files which have neither HS nor HSSE in their name.

3. I have a folder called %AppData%Roaming/Steinberg/Halion/VST Sound. It has 31 files, 25 of which have HS in their names.

4. I have a folder called %AppData%Roaming/Steinberg/Halion Sonic_64, containing 5 xml files and a Presets folder with 1 file in it.

I have tried moving all the files with HS in their name from folder 2 into a temporary folder, and moving all the files with HS in their name from folder 3 into a different temporary folder. I also renamed folder 4. On restarting Cubase I get a series of ‘file not found’ messages, with Locate Ignore Remove as options.

My folder structure is not the same as blongstudio’s, and I note he had to put some HS files back into a folder which for me is empty in order to get Sonic SE working properly again. So I am reluctant to use the Remove option on all these files until I am sure I am not affecting Halion Sonic SE.

For the time being I have put everything back just how I found it.

Can anyone give me a definitive steer on how to resolve this issue please?