HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2 released

Please, implement VST3Preset import from Padshop and Retrologue. (just core snapshot, without FX section)
I really need it due limitations of the Halion 5 automation rules (8 custom parameters per slot)

EDITED:
Request added to “Feature Requests and Suggestions” section Steinberg Forums
Thanks!

Ehm…just a short question…which automation limit?
Are you talking about the QCs?

Midi CC Automation is not limited and could be used, just Right-Mouse Click over the knob and choose learn cc.

Or did I miss something?

Best regards,

Marcus

I had this same question and we discussed it a bit on another forum. I think this may be partially a language issue, but my take is that he uses Novation and automap works in an intuitive way with Padshop and Retrologue, so it is a simple/intuitive thing to use the keyboard with those plugs to create patches. H4/5 has a mess of mappings that you have to do yourself and isn’t quite as intuitive for patch creation when you are treating H5 as a simple “VA”. Which is true if you look at it in that narrow use case.

So, what I got out of it is he wants to continue to create the patches in the stand alone apps and port them to H5.

I hope I’m not putting words in zizi’s mouth.

Does the H4 to H5 upgrade ($99) allow me to download the entire sample content of H5 (full version) ? or is the full version content of H5 only available if I purchase the boxed full version ?

I’m also guessing that there is no boxed full (upgrade version from H4 to H5), that comes with the full sample content of H5 ?

A bit confused about the content of the H4 to H5 upgrade download content. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Question:

I just downloaded the update, but the readme says OSX 10.7 and 10.8 only. My studio machine is on 10.6.8

Can I install this and expect it to run reliably on SnowLeopard? I have a Lion upgrade in my AppStore account which I used for my old iMac, but I am kind of happy with SL.

Hi there!
I’ve just purchased Halion 5 from Absolute VST upgrade.
Some samples are missing, in the Halion 4 programs folder.
So some presets are unavailable.
I have install and reinstall all " for all users" under Windows 7 64 bits.

Best regards.

And this Halion is very beautiful :slight_smile:

I’m talking about host automation (QC parameters)
Novation Automap/Kore Controller uses this automation type for bidirectional data feedback.

Don’t you get the grace period update to Halion 5 for free then, or were you not within the time allowance?

Just found out about this yesterday, so followed the instructions for the grace period update and cannot download the file, gets “interrupted” between 30 and 70% and cannot resume download as the link is lost. Tried 8 times now, trying both the “run” and “save file to disk” options, both with no success. The “run” option starts an installer but stops within a couple of seconds as it says that the installation file is corrupt and to download a fresh copy.
Also cannot use the link in MySteinberg support to enable sending my details to supplier so that I can actually get some support on this… what’s going on??

Just a thought: perhaps a crossgrade offer for Kontak-owners to make H5 even more popular would be a nice idea? :wink:

what browser are you using for downloads ?

Question
Can I upgrade HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set to Halion 5 or Sonic 2?

Hi there,

I am sorry but you can not Upgrade from the HALION SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA to HALion Sonic 2 or HALion 5.

Best regards,

Marcus

Hi guys.
As new user i appeal again to the theme with a elusive installer.
So, i bought H5 in a third-party shop, i have links to 2 iso with H5 base kontent.

Should be the latest version of the installer directly here?
In MySteinberg account i do not find it. In download section after select Halion 5 i see manuals only (for example - padshop or retrologue are visible for download).

Based on the forum information, I realized that this file that appears and disappears from the download section randomly. Still, I want to look into this.

Sorry if everything is much more obvious than it seems.

EDIT
Sorry, seems my mistake. DVDs that downloadable seems are already from H5 (with H5 installers) :angry:

EDIT2
But, just the same - need latest version of installer.

[SOLVED]

If you have Cubase 7 can you add HALon 5 to your current eLicense ?

If you are talking about the USB eLicenser (the dongle), yes. Not on the software eLicenser, however.
HTH
J.L.

Ok, so I don’t need to use the USB eLicenser that comes with HALion 5, I can add the software to the one I’m running with Cubase 7 ?

I don’t think HALion comes with a licenser but one is required. But, yes, you can put both licenses on one dongle.The specs for HALion say “USB eLicenser required (not included).”
HTH
J.L.

My Halion 5 arrived today and installed with no issue. OMG this is amazing program and will help me with my UT project :wink: Its time to Rock

The trial version of HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2 works well with Cubase Elements 7 but there does not seem to be an option to purchase a license for the permanent version for Cubase Elements 7 users. Do I need to upgrade to Cubase Artist in order to install the full version of HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2? Or can I purchase HALion Sonic 2 and use it with Cubase Elements 7?