New Steinberg and 3rd-Party Sample Libraries for H5 ?

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
No1DaBeats

Re: New Steinberg and 3rd-Party Sample Libraries for H5 ?

Post by No1DaBeats »

True. And I'd defenetly buy some of the stuff.
I spared a lot of money not buying Kontakt extensions
and upgrades. It's all yours, Steinberg. :D

The last (and first) 3rd party development was Neo Soul Keys.
And it is awesome!

I hope that the new versions of the Grand and especially Groove Agent
will be based on the Halion Engine, so we can use 'em standalone or inside
of Halion.

And if Yamaha'd spend some time in library-development
the results would be great, I guess.
Surface Book 2 (i7 16GB), Steinberg UR28M, Yamaha KX 49, Steinberg CMC CH, PD, TP & QC, Cubase Pro 9, WaveLab 8.0.2, Halion 6, Groove Agent 4

------

Life is too short for realtime-bouncing..

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

YAMAHA has a lot of experience in sound development for HW. I wish they would focus more on Software Sound development, especially with Halion 5 being a great sampler, and offers a lot of flexibility, and they don't have to deal with HW limitations when it comes to memory, and streaming from disk should give them a huge advantage to create some top-notch professional sounding sample libraries for Halion 5.

If YAMAHA & Steinberg work closely together to develop some amazing libraries for Halion 5. They will make a lot of us Halion 5 and HS2 users even happier :D

imho. This will boost Halion 5's popularity, and give them a new revenue channel. Why not do it YAMAHA/Steinberg ?

I just hope they don't ignore doing this. Since Halion 5 is really lacking when it comes to high-quality sample libraries.

We shall see if this becomes a reality in the near future.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Cubase Pro 9 , Groove Agent 4, Halion 6, Halion Sonic 3, Padshop Pro, RND Portico EQ & Compressor, Wavelab Pro 9, The Grand 3, Antelope Audio Goliath, Antelope Audio Pure2., Windows 8.1 Pro

No1DaBeats

Post by No1DaBeats »

I guess this would be quite easy for them to do as the
samples are already recorded. They could start with the samples
of the Motif XF7. Would be great stuff.

There's some extra money to make.
Surface Book 2 (i7 16GB), Steinberg UR28M, Yamaha KX 49, Steinberg CMC CH, PD, TP & QC, Cubase Pro 9, WaveLab 8.0.2, Halion 6, Groove Agent 4

------

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

No1DaBeats wrote:I guess this would be quite easy for them to do as the
samples are already recorded. They could start with the samples
of the Motif XF7. Would be great stuff.

There's some extra money to make.
Why emulate a Motif XF which has lots of restrictions as far as memory is concerned, even as a starting point ? They need a fresh new start. Forget the Motif XF. They can do a million times better with Halion 5.

They have a wide open horizon with Halion 5 ! They should start fresh, and develop some of the best sounding Professionally produced libraries for H5 and HS2. I see no reason to use the Motif XF as a standard, or a starting point.
Cubase Pro 9 , Groove Agent 4, Halion 6, Halion Sonic 3, Padshop Pro, RND Portico EQ & Compressor, Wavelab Pro 9, The Grand 3, Antelope Audio Goliath, Antelope Audio Pure2., Windows 8.1 Pro

mroekalea

Post by mroekalea »

My bets are on Yamaha, that said I really wish there were more acoustical libraries.

Why, because sometimes it has to be possible/easy to grab a sound and start working creatively instead of going into " deep very deep" sound creation and lose the creativity boost you just had! With other words yes I could buy Kontakt but I do not want to because I have Halion and not a big pile of money.

So come on with those libraries we're waiting! (this is for the 3rd party developers If any reading at all :evil: )
Menoj

If nothing goes right, go left!

Win10, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB, 2 x DELL u2713hm monitors (5120 x 1440), monitoring: ADAM P22A with SUB8, Audient ID14 & Behringer XR18 & Focusrite safire pro 26IO, Cubase 9.5 pro & artist 8.5, wavelab 9.5 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 6, GA4, VG2, Arturia Analog Lab, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3&4 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), Z3TA+2, HSO library, many Waves plugs, Plugin Alliance plugins (BX, SPL, Maag & Elysia), NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, AIR instrument expansion pack v3, Melodyne Studio v4, Soundtoys 5, Lexicon native PCM reverb bundle, UJAM Virtual Guitarist complete bundle, SoniVox Premium collection, Ezkeys upright & Vintage Fender Jazz basses, Fender Bassman 100, Markbass TTE500 , FMC Neo 2128 cab

grpetz

Post by grpetz »

Halion has such a great ability to produce high quality sounds. I really do hope that a 3rd party company or Yamaha would begin to produce sound packs for it, even using the built in preset sounds would be great, specifically setting up performance patches. :D

Gary

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Still no libraries for Halion 5 :roll:

Come On Yamaha/Steinberg, and Third-Party developers, give us some great libraries for Halion 5.

iRan

Post by iRan »

Still no new libraries .. more Acoustic instruments
Cubase Pro 10, HALion 6, Steinberg UR824,
Yamaha Headphones Yamaha KX61 Yamaha Monitors
27 inch iMac i7 Quad Core iPad Air with iC Pro.
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

iRan wrote:Still no new libraries .. more Acoustic instruments
Yup... Still no new libraries for Halion 5. :roll:

I wonder if we will see this ever happen ?

Steinberg ... Any feedback on this ? Please delight us with some great sounding Halion 5 libraries.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

iRan

Post by iRan »

Bump Bumpy Bump
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

EDIT: I see he already posted his release notice here ... sorry
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 59&t=54738

The dude who did the padshop expansion has released an H5 library that is really good.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=402261
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

raimondsgr

Post by raimondsgr »

Although not really new, there is AP HALion4 Sample Library One created by Andy Prinz, which includes fat analogue sounds, FX, drums, loops, layered pianos, strings etc. Patches have been created and layered as multi-programs. They sound great to my ears. Check it out on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPUCaZhTVk

mpayne0

Post by mpayne0 »

I want all of the NeoSoul Gospel Musicians stuff (that has been going towards UVI lately) ported for Halion.

They mentioned something about UVIs internal modulation being able to do things no other host can do, but I struggle to figure out what?

I hope we get more HQ stuff like NeoSoulKeys. Would love a real Melotron set.

iRan

Post by iRan »

Should be a priority
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

iRan

Post by iRan »

Should be a priority
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

iRan

Post by iRan »

So there is a idea here that HALion is a Sound Creation only, so
There are no need for libraries,, So why couldn't other Companies sound create new
libraries .. I don't know where this is some written in stone rule but a interpretation
of the marketing campaign .. The point is HALion is completely intergraded in cubase
it just makes a lot of sense as a go to for sounds as well as a sound creation..
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

AstralP

Post by AstralP »

As a sound developer I think the biggest problem is that there is absolutely no information on how to create & distribute collections as vst-sound containers. I bought Halion to support it with 3rd party products, but I have yet to work out a simple way of distributing, especially as the sample paths are not relative. I have never received an answer to my support email sent quite some time ago requesting information on this, and so it is simply just so much easier to support Kontakt.

I'm still hoping to find out how it should be done but I find it seriously frustrating... I'm sure I'm not the only developer that has discovered this. The manual barely mentions vst-sound and most of that info is only in German. Halion is an exciting environment to me, but until I can feel I can actually make and distribute products I'm not able to put the time into it.

I seriously hope that they pay some attention to making this easy in the next version, if it was simple to do I think there would be many more 3rd party libraries released. Even just relative sample paths would be a major help so that you could have one folder with instruments and another with samplers shoulder to shoulder in a single folder. Kontakt wins hands down in that respect, I know that Steinberg are 100% invested in the mediabay way of working but personally I wish that they would also allow the option of working outside of that framework so that you can load instruments from anywhere as long as the samples are relatively in the same place. Relative paths for samplers is essential in my opinion. Padshop is similarly painful to distribute.

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye »

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,
I wish YAMAHA would focus on making some of the best sound libraries for Halion 5 and Halion Sonic 2 !
Sadly, they are still stuck in the world of Hardware (workstations like the Motif), where limitations are all over the place, why don't they just move to the fast-paced world of software, and sound development.
Aloha M,

Some really kool thoughts posted in this thread.

I too would love to see/hear some new sounds/libraries in H5 and HS2;
but I believe you just answered yer own question.

Too bad dis ain't 'Charlie S' woikin on 'Notator' or 'Cubase' etc thinking things like:

1-what's best for musicians?
2-can I make a lil $$ from it?

No!

Corps like Yamy think only in one language. $$$$$

So my conclusion is;
from the Yamy POV there must be more $$$ in hardware.
(kinda like Apple)

So we wait. Not too long we hope. :)

And as was posted, there is already some amazing stuff out there.
Just grab some and use it.

Good Luck!
{'-'}
Last edited by curteye on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

AstralP, I hear you. It would appear to me that Yamaha have managed to beat some customer awareness into Steinberg since the takeover but it has yet to seep into the deep crevices of the various VSTi departments. Personally, as a user I despaired of ever seeing HALion 4 and eventually went to Kontakt 4. When it did appear, I was an early adopter and have since upgraded to H5, but also to K5 as there is simply more happening over at NI, and with Kontakt content providers.

I have floated the idea of allowing content to be produced using H5 that can be consumed in HALion Sonic SE (which is now effectively free in all current versions of Cubase). That would be the inverse of the NI proposition, whereby a free player is provided, but the content is paid.

There could be a tiered model whereby content could be available for Cubase Elements, Artist and Pro, and additional paid content could be available to all, but a free library should be available to the "LE" version which would be bundled with hardware; HALion (full) should be able to create content for HSSE so it can be consumed even by the LE customers, thus enticing them to become Cubase users.
Windows 10 • Cubase 11.0.0 • WaveLab 10.0.50 • SpectraLayers 7.0.21 • HALion 6.4.10 • Groove Agent 5.0.30 • Midex

roel

Post by roel »

Has anyone seen the new Komplete 10 packages that are presented ?
Mamamia! Very heavy and competitive imho.
Komplete gets more and more interesting by the day at nearly the same price, and that integration with their new komplete keyboards looks very nice. Strange though that they have no 88-keys option, since kontakt prefers a lot of keys for their switches.

I hope SB takes the challenge and will come up with some very very nice stuff or they probably will have difficult times in the near future to place their very nice product that Halion 5 is, because the gap between both widens if nothing is being done.

kind regards,
R.
Cubase 10.5, vienna ensemble pro 5,
Master:laptop Clevo, P771zm, i7 4790S, 16 gig, 2xSSD samsung 840pro/evo, 2x Samsung SSD850 +touch screen
Slave: none, will probably never be replaced because latest processors are powerfull enough
Sound: Motu Ultralite MKIII (usb), Focusrite 18i20, behringer 16 ch mixer
control: Synergy, novation zero SL
vsti: Steinberg, East West, Vienna, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics and a lot of others
hardware: S760, CD3000xl, SY77, studiologic 990, alesis Q88,

beerbong

Post by beerbong »

roel wrote:Has anyone seen the new Komplete 10 packages that are presented ?
Mamamia! Very heavy and competitive imho.
Komplete gets more and more interesting by the day at nearly the same price, and that integration with their new komplete keyboards looks very nice. Strange though that they have no 88-keys option, since kontakt prefers a lot of keys for their switches.

I hope SB takes the challenge and will come up with some very very nice stuff or they probably will have difficult times in the near future to place their very nice product that Halion 5 is, because the gap between both widens if nothing is being done.

kind regards,
R.
Komplete is very big but how many people actually use more than a few of those instruments? Anyways I agree SB can't compete with that ATM, but then again it is not a direct comparison anyways... Perhaps if SB were to bundle all the VI and VST together then they might have something to make customers think about... THen they can also add some extra content packs for Halion (like orchestral)...

As for the controller I would *not* be concerned with that, looks like another toy that will likely be thrown out after the novelty wears off. Again, how many composers and producers use only Komplete to produce with? Not that many, most use a combination of many sample and instruments combined with real workstations and high quality keyboard controllers.
Last edited by beerbong on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BB - Intel Quad/RME/Nvidia Video, RME Raydat, Win10 Home
Cubase 8.5 64 bit / Cubase 9.5 / Wavelab Elements / Halion 6 / Padshop Pro

roel

Post by roel »

i agree with your comment to a certain level. But for 500 euro's they cover a big bit of the spectrum now (each time more and more) at very reasonable quality levels, even if some of those banks and vsts are at age. And as is the hardware not released yet, it seems an attack on what novation has done with their Automap, but implemented solely on to their native software. If that is implemented as i am suspecting that could be directional for future developments, since Automap software imho was years beyond the rest, but ineffective due to the liberty in development (standards) area of the long list of devs.
Cubase 10.5, vienna ensemble pro 5,
Master:laptop Clevo, P771zm, i7 4790S, 16 gig, 2xSSD samsung 840pro/evo, 2x Samsung SSD850 +touch screen
Slave: none, will probably never be replaced because latest processors are powerfull enough
Sound: Motu Ultralite MKIII (usb), Focusrite 18i20, behringer 16 ch mixer
control: Synergy, novation zero SL
vsti: Steinberg, East West, Vienna, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics and a lot of others
hardware: S760, CD3000xl, SY77, studiologic 990, alesis Q88,

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

I feel that the Steinberg development team is more focused on developing the actual tools, rather than the content.

i.e. Halion 5

It would make a lot of sense to me, if YAMAHA would have a dedicated sample library development team/division that is focused on providing high-quality sample libraries for Halion 5. YAMAHA has a lot of experience when it comes to developing sampled instruments, especially on their ROMplers, (MOTIF Line), they could surely put that experience, and deep knowledge of sampling to good use, and develop a lot of new libraries for Halion 5.

Not sure why this has not happened, but I feel if they care about Halion 5, they should go forward, and develop content for it. and start competing with Kontakt. So far it seems like they are not up to dealing with this, or are hesitant to put the time, and money into this type of venture.

Any comments, or feedback from Steinberg on this would be interesting to read, plus your thoughts on this topic.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

Interesting thought, but I doubt Yamaha would be interested in helping to develop software libraries that would compete with the own hardware. Some of the sounds are already from Yamaha (at least according to my ears) so technically there appears to be little problem, but as you say, Steinberg are more focussed on providing the tools .... which is actually OK by me, I'm more interested in the creative potential rather than the libraries; for that I (also) have Kontakt .....
Windows 10 • Cubase 11.0.0 • WaveLab 10.0.50 • SpectraLayers 7.0.21 • HALion 6.4.10 • Groove Agent 5.0.30 • Midex

No1DaBeats

Post by No1DaBeats »

I guess they are already on that train.
Halion is more than that particular sampler right now.
They use it as an engine for all the new vstis.
Have a look at Groove Agent 4. it is completely based on Halion 5
and so one could say that it is more likely a Halion extension than
a whole new thing.

I can only guess. But I think Yamaha is already involved and they are pushing
things further.

------

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”