Halion Sonic 2 VST File?

I’m on the trial version, and I can’t seem to figure out where the Halion Sonic VST DLL resides. Halion Sonic .exe is in my normal VST Folder with the rest of my plug ins, but there’s not a VST DLL for Halion.

what am I missing?

Thanks,
Pat

I found it. Instead of putting it into the directory that I thought was the system default for VST’s, it put it underneath my DAW directory.

Hi PatAzz

I just installed Trial version also today and cannot for the life of me find the vst itself, I have searched every where.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Ray

For 64bit VST2:

"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins"

For 32bit VST2:

"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins"

For 64bit VST3:

"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Steinberg"

For 32bit VST3:

"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3\Steinberg"

I think it’s also possible to force different locations when running the Steinberg installer(s).

If you want to use the stuff with different hosts that scan different VSTplugin folders, you can copy and paste as many copes as you like.

Personally, I keep lots of VSTPlugin directories as I like them for for different hosts…but rather than copying and pasting the actual Steinberg plugin directories, I just use syslink /J with a command line to make file junctions to them from their default installation directories.

Thanks Brian

I have tried those but to no avail, no sign of it …

but I do recall that when I downloaded the ’ TRIAL ’ zip, it gave me a ’ corrupt file ’ message towards the very end of the extraction process, BUT when I went to INSTALL Halion Sonic 2 Trial, it showed that all content libraries were successfully installed, but there was no actual ’ VST’ shown or mentioned at the beginning of the installation process, there was only the HS content libraries but no sign of any tick box to install that actual Halion Sonic player or VST as normally when I install a VST I am asked to choose a VST folder which is normally ’ programs/steinburg/vstplugins … I was wondering why the vst does not appear at the install ?

Any Help would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Ray

Something must have gone wrong.

Maybe try using a different method to unzip and reinstall? I.E. Did you use the built in windows method to unzip, or a third party option?

If that doesn’t sort it I’d try downloading again. Maybe something didn’t make it fully intact.

Thanks Brian … i’ll give that a go

cheers

Ray

I am currently extracting it with ’ 7 zip ’ and I have just got the following error :

Data error in ‘HALion Sonic\HALion Sonic 2 for Windows\Additional content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_018_HS_Modern_Bass_Fing_Add_01.vstsound’.File is broken

but ’ 7zip ’ is still unpacking the rest of the HS 2 packages … this is the second time I have downloaded this Trial zip file from the Steinberg site … … I am wondering if that error message is affecting the overall installation extraction … as I still did not see a ’ Halion Sonic 2 vst appear during the set up only i saw the content packages

i will try updating my 7zip and winrar as I am sure the trial zip is not at fault from Steinberg

Thanks for the help Brian

Ray

Ray, see if you can use the Windows native zip routines.

Locate the downloaded zip file with Windows Explorer, right click it, and choose unzip.

hey Brian

i managed to unzip it with ’ 7 zip ’ successfully, thanks for your help mate :slight_smile:

Ray