pitch and user envelope bug

The Sample Loop mode doesn’t work in either the pitch or user envelope. Both envelopes continue to work in Sustain mode. The Amp and Filter envelopes work fine in all modes, so I’m guessing this is a bug. Anyone else seeing this? I’m working on a set of samples and I could really use these two extra envelopes.

Hi splunk.

I just tried and all the envelopes seem to work in Sample Loop mode.

But for the Pitch envelope, the pitch envelope amount needs to be set to a value other than zero semitones for it to work. Same goes for user envelope. It needs to be assigned in modulation matrix and the modulation amount needs to be other than zero.

With the filter envelope, it’s enough when the filter is on regardless of the filter envelope amount. But if you turn the filter off, even the filter envelope looks like not working in sample loop mode.

Thanks for checking this misohoza. So, when you say it works, is it actually waiting for the sample loop before it begins? That’s the problem I’m having. The envelope works, but it starts from the moment I play the sample, exactly as it would if it was in Sustain mode, rather than waiting for the loop portion of the sample before it begins. I should have made that clearer in my original post - sorry about that. I have the pitch envelope assigned in the mod matrix and I see the little progress ball in the envelope display, it’s just not waiting for the loop before it begins, which is what it’s supposed to do and is the way the amp and filter envelope are operating.

I have the pitch envelope assigned in the mod matrix and I see the little progress ball in the envelope display, it’s just not waiting for the loop before it begins, which is what it’s supposed to do and is the way the amp and filter envelope are operating.

The “little progress ball” is a bit misleading.

The attack is always executed, meaning when you play a note, it goes from first envelope node to the second and stays there until you reach the loop. Once you enter the loop section, the envelope continues to the sustain envelope point (through however many nodes you added before the sustain node) and stays there as long as the note is held. When you release the note, the envelope continues with the release.

If you want the envelope to affect only the loop section, make sure the second node has “neutral” setting.
With amp I would do time:0, level:100%. With pitch and user envelope: time:0, level:0%.

If your envelope attack time is longer than the time needed to reach the loop section of the sample, then it behaves like in sustain mode. Simply because it didn’t get to the second envelope node on time.

OK, I’d call myself pretty knowledgeable about the sample section of H6, but I had no idea about this bit with the first envelope node always being executed at note on. I suppose that’s because I usually use the amp and filter envelopes and I want them to fade out, so that second node is always all the way up and its time is 0. Since it always worked the way I wanted it to, I wasn’t fully aware of what was really going on.

Fabulous! Problem solved. Thank you so much misohoza!