Halion 6.2 and Halion Sonic 3.2.15 Content Update

I successfully installed the instruments updates, but I have an issue with the VSTSound updates. When I click on one VSTSound file from the “Content Update from HALion Sonic 3 - 3.1” folder, Library Manager opens correctly but is saying that the sound is already registered. Is it possible to update all of them to avoid a one by one clicking ?
Help, anyone ?

Hi,

you dont need the content update if you have already installed HALion 6.1.15 (HS(SE) 3.1.15), or if you do a fresh installation.
The content update is for older version only. Please read also Installation Guide HALion 6.

Thanks

OK Thx!

I did exactly what that installation tells me to do when updating from 6.1.15. Result: I get an error message when I open Cubase Pro 10 saying Halion 6 has been blacklisted. Sure enough it’s gone. In the plugin manager a Halion 6 vst2 version is on the blacklist???

Reinstalled 6.1.15 and everything is back to normal. What’s going on here?

MW

Hey, I have HALion 6.1.15 and libraries with size 27,5 GB. New folder of libraries have size 28,2 GB. So you think that there is no updates inside .vstsound files? Installer (updater) itself installs new .vstsound files - one for each HALion instrument and filename ends with _SP.vstsound. Take a look in your HALion’s VST Sound folder.

My Workflow I will do right now:

1. Run Halion_Application_6.2.10_Installer_win.exe
  2. Copy all the content from "…\Downloads\WIN64\3. Content HALion 6.2" to your "C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\HALion\VST Sound" folder.

UPDATE 1
There also are 21 new .vstsound file in downloads folder:
FCP_SMT_194_HS_Anima_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_057_HS_VST3_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_130_HS_Beat_Box_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_197_HS_Eagle_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_106_HAL_VST3_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_193_HS_VST3_Presets_04.vstsound
FCP_SMT_061_HS_Layer_VST3_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_200_HS_Raven_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_116_HS_VST3_Presets_03.vstsound
FCP_SMT_125_HS_Granular_Synth_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_198_HS_Skylab_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_099_HS_VST3_Presets_02.vstsound
FCP_SMT_131_HS_Ethno_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_126_HS_Organ_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_135_HS_Layer_VST3_Presets_02.vstsound
FCP_SMT_078_HSSE_GM_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_124_HS_Dance_Synth_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_123_HS_Synth_Bass_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_129_HS_HALiotron_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_195_HS_Studio_Strings_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_196_HS_Hot_Brass_Presets_01.vstsound

I first just downloaded the instrument update itself without the content. That went smoothly.
When I ran HALion 6, it said it couldn’t find the Neo Soul Keys preset file. I have never purchased it and I notice it is no longer available in the store so maybe it is included now? Also, when I did click on the updated content file in Download Manager, it started about 40 separate downloads IN THE EDGE BROWSER and I guess I have to wait for each one to start and then specify what I want to be done with each file? Is this right?
It seems painful to wait for all these files to download while I wait and specify what to do with each and every one. Previously, I clicked once in the Download Manager and came back an hour later or so and installed it…

OK. I think I need to use the Aria ….

All the .vstsound files you list are probably already installed - just not where you think they should be!
Try checking “C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound”

Best.

I did download the 6.2 Content and installed it. It all installed fine EXCEPT I did still get the error that it could not find the Neo Soul Keys file and I searched the usual locations. So it does not appear that the Neo Soul Keys has been included unless they meant to include it and just forgot to include the vstsound file in the content. Clicking on “remove” in response to that error removes the Neo Soul Keys from the library manager so it will stop looking for the file.
I am hoping a SB representative will comment on this though.

Nop! There are only these files which did not changed after update:
FCP_SMT_226_HS_Anima_MP_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_227_HS_Skylab_MP_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_228_HS_Studio_Strings_MP_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_229_HS_Eagle_MP_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_230_HS_Raven_MP_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_231_HS_Hot_Brass_MP_01.vstsound

Jeez this update is painfully slow to download!

@dancetiger. After my update to 6.2 I also received the message that Halion was blacklisted. Turns out, it was only the VST 2 version. The VST Version 3.6.1 is up and running normally.

Make sure also to install the new Halion Library Manger (which is now called Steinberg Library Manager) in case you download the full content. SLM did not appear on my desktop by default, I had to search for it. After opening it, all libraries registered and when I opened Cubase, I did not manually have to search for them on startup.

I downloaded the full content and placed it in my current vstsound library. As has been noted before, there does seem to be some size difference.

Cheers.

Just to update. I reinstalled 6.2 the whole package and that did the trick. At first I got the error message about a missing Neo Soul keys, also mentioned by others in this thread. The fix is to update the eLicenser database. Frank Seidel from Steinberg was very helpful on sorting these issues for me.

MW

After your advice in the other thread, I just ran the HALion v6.2 update. I launch Cubase 10 and it complains during launch that HALion cannot find the following files:-

FCP_SMT_057_HS_VST3_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_099_HS_VST3_Presets_02.vstsound
FCP_SMT_116_HS_VST3_Presets_03.vstsound
FCP_SMT_123_HS_Synth_Bass_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_124_HS_Dance_Synth_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_125_HS_Granular_Synth_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_126_HS_Organ_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_129_HS_HALiotron_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_130_HS_Beat_Box_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_131_HS_Ethno_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_061_HS_Layer_VST3_Presets_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_135_HS_Layer_VST3_Presets_02.vstsound

So, quite a bit ‘not found’; I miss my Haliotron sounds for example - nothing loads. :frowning: Disappointing… I’d like them back. Don’t tell me I have to download 30Gb of content file, please…!?!