grace period first timer

Interested in HALion 6 or HALion Sonic 3? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
NoTrac3

grace period first timer

Post by NoTrac3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi,
I have Halion sonic 2 and I'm thinking about updating to Halion 5 now.
will I be eligible for Halion 6 when it's out?
Sorry if it's been asked before but I'm new to grace periods and I'm not sure if Halion Sonic and Halion are treated as a same product update or as a crossgrade.
Just to be sure that SB gives grace periods on crossgrades too.
Thanks.
NoTrac3 system: Cubase 9, Halion Sonic 2 , Wavelab 9, Virtual Guitarist 2, Groove Agent 4, The Grand. PC intel i7 4790K, 16GB, Radeon RX460 +4K TV, 4x4TB HD, Alesis IO 26 Firewire.

Matthias Quellmann

Re: grace period first timer

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi,

if you have activated your HALion Sonic 2 after December 29, 2016, your HALion Sonic 2 license will become a HALion Sonic 3 license. In that case you can upgrade from HS3 to H6. If not, you need to go for the HS2 > H6 upgrade.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Eltaube

Post by Eltaube » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Just to make sure I'm getting this right: I have a licence of HS2 which I activated 2 years ago; you are saying that if I upgrade today to H5 (which is indeed a new/different licence), my new and not yet activated H5 licence would not be eligible for the free upgrade to H6? In other terms, you are considering only considering the old HS2 activation date...
It doesn't sound quite right since we are dealing with different licences....

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:23 pm

Eltaube wrote:Just to make sure I'm getting this right: I have a licence of HS2 which I activated 2 years ago; you are saying that if I upgrade today to H5 (which is indeed a new/different licence), my new and not yet activated H5 licence would not be eligible for the free upgrade to H6? In other terms, you are considering only considering the old HS2 activation date...
It doesn't sound quite right since we are dealing with different licences....
No, if you upgrade today to from HALion Sonic 2 to HALion 5 and activate your HALion 5 license, your HALion 5 license will be eligible for the free grace period update to HALion 6.

If you decide to update after the release of HALion 6, you will have to pay double the price to update from HS2 to H6 compared to HS2 to H5.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

hpve

Post by hpve » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi,

I have bought Halion 5 on 7/2/2017; just as you said to be eligible for the Halion 6 update;
But when I type my number of the USB e-licenser it says that I am not eligible..
Can you tell me how to get the Halion 6 update? with the grace period?
Cubase 9.5 Sibelius 8.7.2 Finale 25.5 Dorico 2
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 Ghz 16 Gb RAM NVIDIA GeForce 210

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:36 pm

hpve wrote:Hi,

I have bought Halion 5 on 7/2/2017; just as you said to be eligible for the Halion 6 update;
But when I type my number of the USB e-licenser it says that I am not eligible..
Can you tell me how to get the Halion 6 update? with the grace period?
Did you do maintenance in the eLCC?
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

moozaw

Post by moozaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Maitenance helped with this problem. For me. But now I have only Halion 6 licence and there is no Halion 5 so is this mean that I can't use H5 anymore?

-------

I do not complain...just asking :)

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 pm

moozaw wrote:Maitenance helped with this problem. For me. But now I have only Halion 6 licence and there is no Halion 5 so is this mean that I can't use H5 anymore?

-------

You should be able to use H5 with a H6 license but once you install H6 I think it will replace H5 with H6 on your system.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

moozaw

Post by moozaw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:08 pm

jaslan wrote:
moozaw wrote:Maitenance helped with this problem. For me. But now I have only Halion 6 licence and there is no Halion 5 so is this mean that I can't use H5 anymore?

-------

You should be able to use H5 with a H6 license but once you install H6 I think it will replace H5 with H6 on your system.
Thank you! will see whats happen. I have a few days of Halion 5 trial licence in case something goes wrong.

Return to “Presales”