Old Halion samples

Interested in HALion 6 or HALion Sonic 3? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
dearmonty

Old Halion samples

Post by dearmonty » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:11 pm

I have tons of old fxp Halion Samples which I have to import manually into Halion 3 one at a time to play. Now cubase 9 is coming out I understand Halion 3 will be obsolete so I may have to upgrade but I don't want to lose all these thousands of sounds. Does Halion 6 or Sonic 3 have a facility where I can bulk import all my old fxp files so I can continue use them? I am loathe to upgrade if I can't as I will be losing virtual guitarist 2 as well, which I love.

Alternatively is there any other software around that will bulk import fxps?

any advice appreciated

thank you

C.LYDE101

Re: Old Halion samples

Post by C.LYDE101 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Did you create HSB files of all your custom samples / libraries?

HALion uses the .hsb (“HALion Sound Bank”) format to provide an archiving format that includes both Program files (.fxp) and the sample files the Programs reference.

***True for HALION 6***
Loading HALion 3 Programs
You can load HALion 3 presets from HSB container files, VST Sound files, or FXP/FXB files. To be able to load presets from HALion 3 HSB files or programs that are contained in VST Sound files, the HSB...

Loading Files from HALion 3
You can load FXB and FXP files from HALion 3. These files can be located in a directory on the file system or inside an HSB container file. HSB container files must be registered in the MediaBay...
The objective of good design, whether products or services, is to …satisfy customers by meeting their actual or anticipated needs and expectations.

Return to “Presales”