Halion Sonic 3 upgrade 30 days waiting from SUPPORT NO ANSWER

Interested in HALion 6 or HALion Sonic 3? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Avokao

Halion Sonic 3 upgrade 30 days waiting from SUPPORT NO ANSWER

Post by Avokao » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:21 pm

So I'm been a Steinberg user since Cubase 1 on Atari..But now i really thinking to abandon STEINBERG forever.
Their SUPPORT or lack of support is so BAD that i don't find any words for it. 30 DAYS NOW waiting for any response on my ticket.
Bought an upgrade for HS3 from HS2 full version, when i would upgrade my Elicense I've got error that no license found to upgrade.
Well now their isn't a license for HS2 on my dongle, but I'm running HS2 full without any problem.
i don't understand this.

I sent them screenshots on HS2 working in Cubase 9 Pro and on my Elicense.
Running HS2 full on both my Win 10 and OSx Sierra no problem.

Any suggestions what i should do about this LACK OF SUPPORT from Steinberg..

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Halion Sonic 3 upgrade 30 days waiting from SUPPORT NO ANSWER

Post by Romantique Tp » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:48 pm

How is support supposed to help you with this little info? If you don't have a Halion Sonic 2 license then this upgrade path is obviously not going to work.

How did you get access to Halion Sonic 2? Do you own Absolute 2 or Halion 5? Are you sure you're not using an unactivated trial version that's using the emergency "All Applications" license in your eLicenser to run?
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Avokao

Post by Avokao » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Yes i own Absolute 2..
Is that why i have full HS2 then?.
So i will ty so much for answer this, but why couldn't Support tell me this instead off be silent.

Ok do you have some suggestions how i will proceed with this then, have already bought the upgrade to HS3..

Best Regards

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 pm

Contact asknet support and request a refund. Tell them that you bought the wrong upgrade: https://steinberg.support-asknet.com/en ... /solutions

The upgrade you were supposed to buy is the upgrade from Absolute 2 to 3. You'll get both Halion 6 and Halion Sonic 3 with it: https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_p ... ction.html
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Return to “Presales”