Transfering License to another user

Interested in HALion 6 or HALion Sonic 3? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
abject39

Transfering License to another user

Post by abject39 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Hey folks. Need some assistance. I want to make sure I understand this correctly. I have an extra license of Halion 6 that I'm trying to get rid of. If I unregister my eLicenser with my license of Halion 6 on it (From MySteinberg Account), I can give the activation code to another user and they can register it on their eLicenser?
My vision is uncompromising: to transcend my clients dreams by mesmerizing their audience with the world's finest audio arrangements and products.

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Re: Transfering License to another user

Post by jaslan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:23 pm

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... le-Wizard-
Not exactly. The activation code is basically useless once you have used and activated your license. It is the license itself that is the item of concern here. If the license is on a USB eLicenser and is unregistered, you give them that USB elicenser. They can move the license to their eLicenser and give you the eLicenser back, or register that eLicenser to themselves, etc. Review the resale wizard above for more details.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

abject39

Re: Transfering License to another user

Post by abject39 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:27 pm

jaslan wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:23 pm
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... le-Wizard-
Not exactly. The activation code is basically useless once you have used and activated your license. It is the license itself that is the item of concern here. If the license is on a USB eLicenser and is unregistered, you give them that USB elicenser. They can move the license to their eLicenser and give you the eLicenser back, or register that eLicenser to themselves, etc. Review the resale wizard above for more details.
Ohh ok! The resale wizard was slightly confusing. That's why I asked to confirm. Thanks!
My vision is uncompromising: to transcend my clients dreams by mesmerizing their audience with the world's finest audio arrangements and products.

Return to “Presales”