Round Robin Sampling

The sampling function is great…however it would be absolutely incredible if there was a smart sampling mode that could sample round robin groups easily and correctly.

1 Like

Sample mode - auto Next; Mapping - fixed.
You can record now as much RR as you want on the key choosed.
The you change the mapping key :wink:

So if I stay on the same note , say c3 and hit it 4 times I get 4x RR , ? I then press d3 4x and get 4x RR ?

Yes. That’s the idea :slight_smile: And you can choose the order. From fixed, e.g. 1-2-3-4 to random.

1 Like

Ok great , so you can still leave the auto sampler from function on say white notes and play random notes up the keyboard, but if you press the same note twice you get 2x RR ? If so sound very simple

Also wondering how the velocity layers work with auto sampling ?

What is miss in logic X , is being able to tell the auto sampler to play 8 velocities and 4 RR and how many notes per Oct … and it plays it in for you can also auto X fade

Down Loaded Halion 7 Demo , I can’t find anyway to record RR , if I play the same note twice with Auto sample on White keys I just get asked to play the next note up on the keyboard, I don’t see anyway for Halion to automatically create RRs

Why don’t you try this (found in the Halion 7 manual, p.336):

“ Mapping
When you record multiple samples, you can specify how they are mapped.
“As played” can be used when the recording start is triggered by MIDI notes. The played notes determine the root key of the sample.”
I personally didn’t try it, but following the logic, all sounds triggered, let’s say by C1 key shall be assigned to C1, all C#1 - to C#2 etc. After finishing the recording/tweaking you have to define the RR function manually (read p.111).
Cheers!

I found this topic; read the 1st answer:

2 Likes

that really is a great thread !Thx for looking

I just wish Cubase or Halion add a full auto process one day , I don’t miss much in Logic X but man I miss AutoSampler! its so easy Vel layers / auto loop / auto round robin. juts hit go and get a coffee even with my vintage external synths !

Hahaha, too much coffee dreams :wink:

1 Like

this is what I would like full auto ! and very simple , you insert this after any Vi or External Instrument and it plays it for you and maps and loops it …no Midi needed!