Mono Step Modulator Bug with Bar 1

Use this forum for an overview of collected bugs and to report new ones.
rmjmusic

Mono Step Modulator Bug with Bar 1

Post by rmjmusic » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:50 am

I have found what I believe to be a bug with the Mono Step Modulator. There is a Script Error that happens with the Mono Step Modulator when I start the transport at bar 1 in a project. I ran some tests and it happens when the Mono Step Modulator is in Tempo+Beat Mode, the slope is set to any of the modes (except for "None"), you start the playback at bar 1 and there is a Zone.

Steps I took to replicate: If I just add the Mono Step Modulator to the program with a Zone in it and set the Slope Mode to (for example) "Rising", set the Sync mode to "Tempo + Beat" and start the playback from bar 1 in my DAW, I get a script error with this message: "Global Code 58: attempt to compare number with nil"

If I delete the Zone, and do everything I said above again, I don't have any issue.

Interesting to note: I did notice that this Mono Step Modulator that I'm using with the issue includes the Script (Step Mod with Script image); where as if I add another Mono Step Modulator now, I don't have access to its script (Step Mod without Script image).

What am I missing?

Thanks,
rmjmusic
Cubase Pro 9.5
HALioin 6
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Gerrit Junge
Steinberg Employee

Re: Mono Step Modulator Bug with Bar 1

Post by Gerrit Junge » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi rmjmusic,
I'm able to reproduce it here. Its now in our Defect-Tracking-System and listed as Bug-ID "HALLY-7312".
I hope we can provide a fix for it soon.

Thanks for your report and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Gerrit Junge
Senior Quality Engineer
VST Instruments
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Return to “Issues”