"Connect to Macro Page" menu doesn't work

Use this forum for an overview of collected bugs and to report new ones.
ShikiSuen

"Connect to Macro Page" menu doesn't work

Post by ShikiSuen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:41 am

According to the online manual of HALion 6:
https://steinberg.help/halion/v6/en/hal ... cro%2Cpage

Connecting Parameters Via an Editor in HALion

1. Right-click a control in the Sound Editor, Zone Editor, etc. and select Connect to Macro Page.

2. In the GUI Tree, navigate to the control that you want to connect to the parameter, right-click the value property in the Properties section, and select Connect to Parameter <HALion parameter name>.

If you now click the value field, it shows the parameter ID of the connected HALion parameter.
However, this never works in my case. (HALion 6.1.0.72, HALion Standalone 2.5.10.35, macOS 10.13.3 and Windows 10 build 17115.)
The steps I did were following instructions from this video: https://youtu.be/mi8gpGoY3Ds?t=1m19s

I could drag a parameter from the PARAMSLIST to a specified macro page control to connect them.
Now this issue blocks my possibility of binding a macro page control to a parameter that is not listed in the PARAMSLIST.
(I was trying to add a control to let the headroom amount be controllable in HALion Sonic SE.)

Update: I confirm that downgrading on the first public build of HALion 6 could bypass this issue. However I found that I could only bind the headroom settings of one zone (but not an entire layer) to a control.
// My first name is Shiki.

[DAC + Monitor] laptop built-in DAC & Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2, ATH-M70X;
[DAW + OS] PreSonus Studio One 4 on macOS 10.14 Mojave and macOS 10.15 Catalina;
[Notation Tool] Steinberg Dorico Pro 2;
[Laptop] MacBook Pro 15-inch mid-2017 CTO, Core-i7 Kaby Lake (Quad-Core 2.8GHz), 16GB RAM.
[Desktop] Mac Pro Cylinder late-2013, Xeon E5-1650 (Hexacore 3.5GHz), 32GB RAM.

abject39

Re: "Connect to Macro Page" menu doesn't work

Post by abject39 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:17 pm

I cam confirm I have this issue as well.
My vision is uncompromising: to transcend my clients dreams by mesmerizing their audience with the world's finest audio arrangements and products.

Gerrit Junge
Steinberg Employee

Post by Gerrit Junge » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi ShikiSuen,
I'm able to reproduce it here. Its now in our Defect-Tracking-System and listed as Bug-ID "HALLY-7341".
I hope we can provide a fix for it soon.

Thanks for your report and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Gerrit Junge
Senior Quality Engineer
VST Instruments
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Gerrit Junge
Steinberg Employee

Post by Gerrit Junge » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:41 am

Hi there,
I found out that there's a workaround to make "Connect to Macro Page" work.
Simply click on "TEMPLATES" in the upper left corner of the Macro Page Designer to open the "show Templates" tab before you choose "Connect to Macro Page" from the context menu and voilà, it works.

best regards
Gerrit Junge
Senior Quality Engineer
VST Instruments
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

abject39

Post by abject39 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Gerrit Junge wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:41 am
Hi there,
I found out that there's a workaround to make "Connect to Macro Page" work.
Simply click on "TEMPLATES" in the upper left corner of the Macro Page Designer to open the "show Templates" tab before you choose "Connect to Macro Page" from the context menu and voilà, it works.

best regards
Gerrit Junge
Thanks! This work around does indeed work!
My vision is uncompromising: to transcend my clients dreams by mesmerizing their audience with the world's finest audio arrangements and products.

Return to “Issues”