HALion Sonic SE 3 - first parameter value selected (9.0/9.5)(solved)

In HSSE window, when opened after close, first editable parameter is active for editing and its value is selected.

(Tested and achieved this in Cubase 9.5.21 & 9.0.40)

1. Add new Instrument and select HALion Sonic SE 3.
  2. Load any preset from LOAD tab, then go to EDIT tab and close window.
  3. Open Instrument window by clicking on icon.

The very first editable parameter is active for editing and is selected. In my example for FLUX plugin it is Filter Shape: LP24. The Filter Shape parameter is selectable from a list, then why its value can be selected as if it can be entered manually

1. Go to MIDI tab and close window.
  2. Open Instrument window.

And again - the very first editable parameter is active and value is selected. In my example - Poliphony for 1st channel.

The same with tabs EFFECTS and OPTIONS. MIX tab has no editable parameters.

If it is not a bug, then for what reason is these parameters selected on every next open of window?

P.S. When parameter’s value is selected, I can jump to next editable parameter by pressing TAB key on keyboard and I see many other editable parameters that should not be editable. It’s another bug, in my opinion. Something SB programmers should clean in code and/or User Interface.

Can anybody confirm this on his setup?
It’s really annoying!!! Any plugin opened in HALion Sonic SE 3 and leaved before in edit page have very first parameter’s text selected. Why???

I could not duplicate this issue. What OS are you using? Might be something else causing your problem.

@abject39, all is written in signature :wink:

I’m on Windows 10. Latest update.

Hi ANeemann,
I’m able to reproduce it here. Its now in our Defect-Tracking-System and listed as Bug-ID “HALLY-7422”.
I hope we can provide a fix for it soon.

Thanks for your report and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Gerrit Junge

Thank you very much!
Waiting for updates :slight_smile: