Registration issue with Vertigo Strings and library manager

Use this forum for an overview of collected bugs and to report new ones.
slohcine

Registration issue with Vertigo Strings and library manager

Post by slohcine » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:23 pm

I purchased CI Vertigo Strings. Followed the download process using the Download Assistant. When I click "Open" button, the Library Manager doesn't launch to register the library. Some steps I've tried:

1) Verified that vtsound file was in the default download location
2) Installed latest Download Assistant (1.15) and retried registration process
3) Activated license in eLicenser app. No issue. Repeated download and Open process. Library Manager still doesn't start
4) Launch Library Manager so that it was running when clicking the Open button for Vertigo Strings in Download Assistant. Still no registration.

While searching the forum for help, I found similar issues for other CI sound libraries and noted that Alto Glockenspiel had a v2 update. Downloaded that library file in the Download Assistant and when I click on Open, Library Manager ran and registered the new version of that sound library.

To me, it seems like Library Manager doesn't acknowledge the Vertigo Strings registration request from Download Assistant during the API call, although I'm only guessing that the name of the product is passed from DA to LM. Any ideas?

Thanks!
PC: ASUS X99-A, Intel i7-5820K, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Pros (OS, Programs, Sounds), WD Blue 2TB 7200 RPM (Projects)
OS: Windows 10 Pro 1809, External I/O: Siig DP FireWire 1-400, 2-800
DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.15, Interfaces: Mackie Onyx Blackbird, Steinberg UR44, Steinberg Midex8
VST Instruments: Steinberg Absolute 4, NI Komplete 12, EW SO Gold, Various Spitfire libraries, Studio Drummer 3

misohoza

Re: Registration issue with Vertigo Strings and library manager

Post by misohoza » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Did you try double clicking the vstsound file itself? It should launch the Library Manager and hopefully register the vstsound.
Win 10 Home, 64 bit, 8 gb ram,
Cubase Pro 9, Wavelab Pro 9, Halion 6, Dorico,
NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Ozone 7,
UR 44

Frank Seidel
Steinberg Employee

Post by Frank Seidel » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi,

unfortunately this was an issue with the Steinberg Download Assistant. We have already fixed it.

BTW, misohoza has already mentioned a working workaround
Frank Seidel | Product Planning Manager
Vitrual Instruments and Content
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Beim Strohhause 31
20097 Hamburg

slohcine

Post by slohcine » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Hello Misohoza and Frank,

Just got off the phone with Jeff from Yamaha support who told me the same thing. Yep, double-clicking on the vtsound file opens the Library Manager and registers the sound. Makes a lot of sense for content products but I was stuck on the support documents that guide to 1) download with Download Assistant, 2) Click OPEN, 3) Library Manager launches and registers, which has and does work for other products.

Thanks a lot for your responses. Steinberg has a great user community.

Best Regards,
PC: ASUS X99-A, Intel i7-5820K, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Pros (OS, Programs, Sounds), WD Blue 2TB 7200 RPM (Projects)
OS: Windows 10 Pro 1809, External I/O: Siig DP FireWire 1-400, 2-800
DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.15, Interfaces: Mackie Onyx Blackbird, Steinberg UR44, Steinberg Midex8
VST Instruments: Steinberg Absolute 4, NI Komplete 12, EW SO Gold, Various Spitfire libraries, Studio Drummer 3

Return to “Issues”