Automation for quick control

Post general topics related to sound design with HALion 6.
Steve1977

Automation for quick control

Post by Steve1977 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi,

Ive got a knob on my macro page which switches between different samples of a guitar chord.

There's 24 different options on the knob (major, minor, dim, aug, major etc..) and when the knob is moved the name of the different chord/zone shows up underneath (major, minor, dim etc etc)

It's all all working great (thanks to some very helpful people on this forum actually) and ive successfully assigned this knob (the knob is called 'Chords') to quick controller 1 (qc1).

My only issue is.. When exported to Halion Sonic and played in cubase, you can successfully edit the QC1 automation lane, and the knob moves, but the values don't show up as the chords (major, minor, dim etc) like they do on the macro knob, just as a numerical value.

How do I make the automation lane in cubase show the chord name (major, minor etc) instead of a number?

Without this is going to be very hard for people to know what chord type they're automating change to.

Many thanks
Cubase Pro 9. 5 / Wavelab Elements 9.5 / Halion 6 / HSO / The Grand 3 / Tribework / BFD 3 / Kemper Rack / Windows 10 64bit / Saffire Pro 40 / UAD2 Satellite & Pci / Waves

PC / Windows 10

misohoza

Re: Automation for quick control

Post by misohoza » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:54 pm

My only issue is.. When exported to Halion Sonic and played in cubase, you can successfully edit the QC1 automation lane, and the knob moves, but the values don't show up as the chords (major, minor, dim etc) like they do on the macro knob, just as a numerical value.

How do I make the automation lane in cubase show the chord name (major, minor etc) instead of a number?
Automate the macro page knob itself. Automation lane should show same values as your knob.

There's no way to do it with quick control. Automation of quick controls is displayed as percentage.
Win 10 Home, 64 bit, 8 gb ram,
Cubase Pro 9, Wavelab Pro 9, Halion 6, Dorico,
NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Ozone 7,
UR 44

Steve1977

Re: Automation for quick control

Post by Steve1977 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:11 pm

misohoza wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Automate the macro page knob itself. Automation lane should show same values as your knob.

There's no way to do it with quick control. Automation of quick controls is displayed as percentage.
Thank you so much!
Cubase Pro 9. 5 / Wavelab Elements 9.5 / Halion 6 / HSO / The Grand 3 / Tribework / BFD 3 / Kemper Rack / Windows 10 64bit / Saffire Pro 40 / UAD2 Satellite & Pci / Waves

PC / Windows 10

Return to “General”