Script Works in Halion Sonic SE but not Halion Sonic 3

Post topics about HALion scripting.
rmjmusic

Script Works in Halion Sonic SE but not Halion Sonic 3

Post by rmjmusic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:04 pm

I recently exported a library that had capabilities of switching subpresets via the Sample Selector all while copying and loading parameters once the subpreset was switched.

When I export the library and bring it into HALion Sonic SE, it works no problem (it also works fine in HALion 6). However, if I load it into HALion Sonic 3, I get a script error. Unfortunately, I can't find what the problem Sonic has is since it only tells me there is a Syntax error but doesn't specify what it is. I've gone through my script in HALion 6 but I'm still not sure what is causing the error. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? It seems odd. I would think if it works in SE that it'd work in Sonic and vice versa.

Thanks,
rmjmusic
Cubase Pro 9.5
HALioin 6
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

abject39

Re: Script Works in Halion Sonic SE but not Halion Sonic 3

Post by abject39 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:48 am

This is a weird one. I would suggest to try to remove one block of code at a time and test the script in Halion Sonic. Also make sure you have the newest update. This might have been a bug that has since been fixed.
My vision is uncompromising: to transcend my clients dreams by mesmerizing their audience with the world's finest audio arrangements and products.

rmjmusic

Re: Script Works in Halion Sonic SE but not Halion Sonic 3

Post by rmjmusic » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Yeah, I've got the newest update. I tried reinstalling but that didn't fix it. I may try reinstalling HALion Sonic altogether.

I tried this same thing on 2 other ancillary machines with Sonic on them and it worked fine. Seems like something maybe funky with this one machine's HALion Sonic.

Thanks,
rmjmusic
Cubase Pro 9.5
HALioin 6
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Return to “Halion Scripting”