assign only existing modulations in the matrix

Post topics about HALion scripting.
miclo

assign only existing modulations in the matrix

Post by miclo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi, I'm trying to show only the possible sources and destinations of my instrument.
I have tried to copy the script from hot brass to see how to do it, but when loading the script from the root macro, the same parameters as in hot brass do not appear, and I also get a script error. (Photo 1)
(I have copied both the variables and the template list that has hot brass that refer to modulation and of course the general script of hot brass.)
I don't know if the rest of the script parameters produce the error, or is that I just don't do it right ...
Is there a script around here that is just to do this in the modulation matrices?
Attachments
photo 1.png
(37.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet

misohoza

Re: assign only existing modulations in the matrix

Post by misohoza » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Hi miclo,

If you want to limit the modulation sources and destinations look at the Hot Brass program tree script.

The main reason for the ui script is to handle the destinations related to pitch. So you can set it in semitones.
You also need both ui and program tree script to make it work.
Win 10 Home, 64 bit, 8 gb ram,
Cubase Pro 10.5, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Halion 6, Dorico 3,
NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Ozone 7,
UR 44

miclo

Post by miclo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 pm

The main reason for the ui script is to handle the destinations related to pitch. So you can set it in semitones.
Does that mean it is not necessary?
You also need both ui
What do you mean by the user interface?
Do you mean the Mod Rows template? (Photo)
Attachments
photo 1.png
(272.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

misohoza

Post by misohoza » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:11 pm

Does that mean it is not necessary?
Connect Modulation Depth parameter to a knob or slider of macro page. The range is from -100 to +100. When you select Pitch as modulation destination then in zone editor you can set the Modulation Depth in semitones but the macro page knob will still show the value as percentage. You can also check this in parameter list where it's also set as percentage. To overcome this there is a UI script which converts the percentage to semitones and vice versa if the destination is related to pitch.

So do you need the UI script? No, if you don't use pitch as modulation destination or don't mind setting it as percentage.

Here's a preset with both UI script and program tree script for modulation matrix. It's based on Hot Brass.
Modulation Matrix Template.zip
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Win 10 Home, 64 bit, 8 gb ram,
Cubase Pro 10.5, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Halion 6, Dorico 3,
NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Ozone 7,
UR 44

miclo

Post by miclo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 am

achieved, many thanks misohoza

Return to “Halion Scripting”