Fader that behaves like a mixer fader

Use this forum to post about your macro page designs in HALion 6
misohoza

Fader that behaves like a mixer fader

Post by misohoza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Hi.

Does anybody know how to create a fader with the same behaviour as a mixer fader?

When I try to connect a fader to a level parameter of a layer or a program, but also when connected to volume of a mixer channel, zero is in the middle of the fader range, which just looks odd for a mixer fader.

I tried to create a parameter that mimics the range of level parameter (0,-96,12,0.1). This way the zero db point looks better. But it still doesn't behave like a mixer fader (having more precision around the zero db point and gradually changing the values in larger steps as it gets to the bottom of its range).

There must be some clever math calculations behind it.
Does anybody know how to do this?
Win 10 Home, 64 bit, 8 gb ram,
Cubase Pro 9, Wavelab Pro 9, Halion 6, Dorico,
NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Ozone 7,
UR 44

AposMus

Re: Fader that behaves like a mixer fader

Post by AposMus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 am

I've been struggling with the same thing.

You can change the fader behaviour with logarithmic and exponential functions in a script, but that messes with the displayed value in relation to the parameter value. I'm thinking that the fader template itself will need some scripting to scale the values and control movement.

In electronics there are logarithmic and audio taper potentiometers, which will be the way to go. My math skills are limited though, so making sense of the formulas is a bit of a chore.
Cubase Pro 8.5.2
Halion 6
HSO
Padshop Pro
Dark Planet
Windows 7 64bit, AMD Phenom IIx6 1055t, 8GB Ram, Gigabyte GA-880G-UD3H F2, Nvidia GeForce GTS450
https://dewetvanderspuy.co.za/

Return to “Macro Page Design”