Editing decay for a Halion 5 Instrument

Alles zu HALion 4, HALion 5, HALion Sonic und HALion Sonic 2.
DaveCarusoMusic

Editing decay for a Halion 5 Instrument

Post by DaveCarusoMusic » Tue May 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello! I'd like to make the "Fretless Bass" Halion 5 instrument take longer to fade out (decay). I'm familiar with basic wave synthesis and I've owned several synthesizers. I have watched several introductory programming videos for Halion. I feel overwhelmed by the nomenclature and architecture. I've supplied a screengrab so you can see which sound I'm asking about. I just want to make it take longer to fade out. Is there a quick way to do this for the entire sound? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Fretless Bass.jpg
(442.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cubase Artist 8.5, Windows 10, Halion 5

Gerrit Junge
Steinberg Employee

Re: Editing decay for a Halion 5 Instrument

Post by Gerrit Junge » Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am

DaveCarusoMusic wrote:Is there a quick way to do this for the entire sound? Thanks in advance!
The "Fretless Bass" is part of the HALion Sonic SE Artist library and comes with a generic Macropage.
Open the "Macro" page on the "Edit" tab and you can edit the release parameter for the entire preset
Macro.png
(204.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
best regards
Gerrit Junge
Senior Quality Engineer
VST Instruments
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

DaveCarusoMusic

Re: Editing decay for a Halion 5 Instrument

Post by DaveCarusoMusic » Wed May 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Gerrit Junge wrote:
DaveCarusoMusic wrote:Is there a quick way to do this for the entire sound? Thanks in advance!
The "Fretless Bass" is part of the HALion Sonic SE Artist library and comes with a generic Macropage.
Open the "Macro" page on the "Edit" tab and you can edit the release parameter for the entire preset
Macro.png
best regards
Gerrit Junge
Hi, Gerrit!

Thank you. Your answer was SO CLOSE! But "release" is what happens after you let go of a key. I need to make it take longer to decay. That means, with my finger down on the key, I want the note to last longer before fading out.

I looked on that Macro page for such a setting, but couldn't find one. Any ideas?

Dave
Cubase Artist 8.5, Windows 10, Halion 5

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”