Information on new Video Engine

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
tjandrawarsosumarto

Re: Information on new Video Engine

Post by tjandrawarsosumarto » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:40 am

Anybody with the same problem? I've got problems with video playback on my Nuendo 8.3 system. It sometimes has a lag or a delay and the picture tend to chop sometimes. I have followed the instuctions in the manual using the recommended codes but no codec seems to work properly. The video only behaves like that when using Nuendo. In logic everything plays fluently. Do you have any hints.

hendrix97

Post by hendrix97 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:08 am

Did this behaviour come up after switching to 8.3 from 8.2.1 or did you go from 7.1.3 and below directly to 8.3?

McSound

Post by McSound » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm

I got the problem alike but not really that tjandrawarsosumarto has. I have Decklink Mini Monitor PCI card and purchased DNxHD codec from Steinberg for using it with Nuendo 8.3. I noticed some video lags or chops while playing back like low frame rate, temporarily it turns to about 12-15 fps instead of 25, and it longs until I stop playback. It happens not every time I hit play, maybe five times it's ok and on sixth I got the issue. No matter what part of video, what mode 720p50 or 1080p25, what drivers of decklink is installed, I just can't find the law of this issue's appearance. I have no problem with onscreen window mode. I have no problem in Adobe Premiere either. Never seen it there. I suspect that new steinberg video engine or its DNxHD codec causes the issue.
Nuendo 10.1 , Samplitude ProX4, Win 10x64 pro, i7, 16Gb, 256SSD, Gigabyte GTX 760, Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Monitor, Presonus VSL1818, 2 monitors, 1 TV, Avid Artist Control v2, Liine Lemur, Yamaha MOX8 keyboard

sagigal

Post by sagigal » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:47 pm

McSound wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm
I got the problem alike but not really that tjandrawarsosumarto has. I have Decklink Mini Monitor PCI card and purchased DNxHD codec from Steinberg for using it with Nuendo 8.3. I noticed some video lags or chops while playing back like low frame rate, temporarily it turns to about 12-15 fps instead of 25, and it longs until I stop playback. It happens not every time I hit play, maybe five times it's ok and on sixth I got the issue. No matter what part of video, what mode 720p50 or 1080p25, what drivers of decklink is installed, I just can't find the law of this issue's appearance. I have no problem with onscreen window mode. I have no problem in Adobe Premiere either. Never seen it there. I suspect that new steinberg video engine or its DNxHD codec causes the issue.
I know this issue oh so well, it has nothing to do with the new stuff or DMx, I see it from time to time and you have to stop/play to make it disappear.
It looks like a stuttering effect, like the playback is much less FPS than it actually is.
This issue is inherited from the old QT video engine and I've been told on the ToDo list, waiting for this to resolve as well.
Sagi

McSound

Post by McSound » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:56 am

Glad to hear that Steinberg's developers are informed about the issue at least) and maybe working out some fix. Hopefully waiting too.
Nuendo 10.1 , Samplitude ProX4, Win 10x64 pro, i7, 16Gb, 256SSD, Gigabyte GTX 760, Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Monitor, Presonus VSL1818, 2 monitors, 1 TV, Avid Artist Control v2, Liine Lemur, Yamaha MOX8 keyboard

hendrix97

Post by hendrix97 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:35 am

Yes they are, I was in contact with support on this also.
To say the least:
They are aware of the low framerate after pressing play issue AND of the dropped framerate some time into playback for about 30 seconds.
They actually can reproduce both of these and are working on a solution. Don't know when to come though.

McSound

Post by McSound » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:48 am

Thanks for good news! )

GNP

Post by GNP » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:57 pm

sagigal wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:45 pm
If you want to easily replace audio in video, extract audio from any video, convert any video reference you get to a stable workable format, easily create small client review video combined with your mix that you can quickly send via email and more useful media handling stuff download ER Media ToolKit that was created especially for those sort of things.
https://audiospot.audio/audiospot-creativetools

Cheers
DUDE!

DUDE!

DUDE!

How in the F*CK did I not come across this software before, and that's free as well! It works SUPREMELY well, and now I have a quick magical way to simply replace audio in a video in only a matter of seconds, with original frame rates retained! Their PRO RES converter is really good too!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANNNKKK YOUU!!
Win10 Pro 64bit | i9-7940X, 14-core CPU | 128G RAM, 3200MHz | UAD 2-QUAD DSP Card | BLACKMAGIC Decklink Mini Monitor GPU | ASUS Phoenix GTX 1060 6GB GPU | AMD Radeon HD 7400 Series GPU | CORSAIR 850W PSU | One SSD OS HDD, Four 6TB HDDs

RME Fireface UCX, latest firmware and drivers
Antelope Isochrone OCX Clock

ASUS X299 Deluxe BIOS: Everything disabled, except Hyperthreading & Intel Turbo Boost Max 3
Steinberg Power Scheme activated

http://www.graynoteprods.com

sagigal

Post by sagigal » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:29 am

GNP wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:57 pm
DUDE!

DUDE!

DUDE!

How in the F*CK did I not come across this software before, and that's free as well! It works SUPREMELY well, and now I have a quick magical way to simply replace audio in a video in only a matter of seconds, with original frame rates retained! Their PRO RES converter is really good too!

So I assume you like it ;)
You can donate a few bucks for this project to keep it alive :idea:
It keeps getting better and better with each version, not so long ago we didn't have stuff like Conform Video Frame Rate, Preserve Original File Name, Multi Channel audio support, add audio stream and keep all existing audio stream intact etc.
Cheers
Sagi

GNP

Post by GNP » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:31 pm

sagigal wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:29 am
GNP wrote:
DUDE!

DUDE!

DUDE!

So I assume you like it ;)
You can donate a few bucks for this project to keep it alive :idea:
It keeps getting better and better with each version, not so long ago we didn't have stuff like Conform Video Frame Rate, Preserve Original File Name, Multi Channel audio support, add audio stream and keep all existing audio stream intact etc.
Cheers

For sure!
Win10 Pro 64bit | i9-7940X, 14-core CPU | 128G RAM, 3200MHz | UAD 2-QUAD DSP Card | BLACKMAGIC Decklink Mini Monitor GPU | ASUS Phoenix GTX 1060 6GB GPU | AMD Radeon HD 7400 Series GPU | CORSAIR 850W PSU | One SSD OS HDD, Four 6TB HDDs

ASUS X299 Deluxe BIOS: Everything disabled, except Hyperthreading & Intel Turbo Boost Max 3

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:44 am

GNP wrote:
sagigal wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:45 pm
If you want to easily replace audio in video, extract audio from any video, convert any video reference you get to a stable workable format, easily create small client review video combined with your mix that you can quickly send via email and more useful media handling stuff download ER Media ToolKit that was created especially for those sort of things.
https://audiospot.audio/audiospot-creativetools

Cheers
DUDE!

DUDE!

DUDE!

Does this work like a plug-in in Nuendo, or, do we have to export our audio mis and the video into this application?

I'm contemplating the upgrade from V7 to V8, but, if we can't export a section of a video, or replace audio, like we can in Pro Tools, I might as well wait.
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X Mojave 10.14.5; Nuendo 8.3.20.345; Sibelius 7.5; iPad Pro 13"; Cubasis, WaveLab 9.00; Dorico V2.2.0.1108 (Loving it).

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:47 am

It's a separate utility, but it's streamlined, simple and straightforward.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

GNP

Post by GNP » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:21 am

Does this work like a plug-in in Nuendo, or, do we have to export our audio mis and the video into this application?

I'm contemplating the upgrade from V7 to V8, but, if we can't export a section of a video, or replace audio, like we can in Pro Tools, I might as well wait.

It's a separate program, but extremely easy to use. You have to export your mix from Nuendo first.

Then open the program, simply drag your new mix into the window, followed by the video you want the audio replaced.

Done.

sagigal

Post by sagigal » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm

GNP wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:21 am
It's a separate program, but extremely easy to use. You have to export your mix from Nuendo first.

Then open the program, simply drag your new mix into the window, followed by the video you want the audio replaced.

Done.
It's even faster/easier now.
Make sure you export BWF audio (if you want to sent/create just a small portion from the entire video)
Under 'More Options' (previously known as 'Post Process') select MediaER.
Now you only need to drag the video over MediaER to replace the audio.
2019-04-23 14_53_17-Clipboard.png
(57.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ExportAudioMixDown_Post_Proc_ScreenShot.png
(35.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
In case you want to sent/create just a small portion from the entire video with your new audio, when MediaER opens with your exported BWF audio click the scissors image, drag over the original video, enter its Nuendo's timeline position and press Confirm.
Done.
Sagi

Return to “General”