Nuendo 8 Trial available

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
Luis Dongo

Nuendo 8 Trial available

Post by Luis Dongo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Dear Nuendo community,

we are pleased to inform you that the trial version of Nuendo 8 is now available.

With groundbreaking tools tailored for professional workflows, Nuendo 8 is the new standard for audio-to-picture work — be it in game audio, ADR workflows, TV or film post-production.

Nuendo 8 new features include:

Game Audio Connect 2 for transferring whole music compositions from Nuendo as music segments into Wwise
Direct Offline Processing for applying the most often used offline processes as a chain for one or multiple selected clips
Sound Randomizer for creating different variations of a sound in seconds just by tweaking four parameters
Renamer for automatic renaming of events within a Nuendo project
Sampler track for easily creation of sample-based instruments from audio files
MixConsole History for tracking down all changes made in the MixConsole and undoing/redoing them as fits
New effects and updated plug-ins including Frequency EQ, HALion Sonic SE 3, Retrologue 2, AutoPan, Maximizer and more
User Profile Manager to easily store and recall program settings and preferences
ADR improvements including automatic speech alignment and remote ADR support (available within a future maintenance update)
Enhanced workflow and performance including a new video engine, Plug-in Sentinel, the Lower Zone, dedicated punch points, side-chaining for VST 3 instruments and over 10 other improvements

The trial version of Nuendo 8 may be used for a period of 60 days, and includes all functionality of the full version. The Nuendo 8 trial version requires a USB-eLicenser.

Try Nuendo 8 here!

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

Big K

Re: Nuendo 8 Trial available

Post by Big K » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:24 pm

When does the countdown for the test period begin?
With the 1st opening of N8 Demo on the PC or with getting the license on the e-Licenser?
Is it 2 months long or 60 days of work?

...asking for a student ...

Cheers, Big K
Presonus Studio ONE 3, Harrison Mixbus!, Nuendo 8, WaveLab 9, RME, UAD, PoCo, Win10/64 bit, PC i7 3930K, 16GB RAM, Intensity Pro, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, VSL, Brainworx, Genelec 5.1, Quested HQ 210, sevaW lla, LAWO, Neumanns, Brauners, Sennheisers, Schoeps, NS10s, Sony DASH3324S, 42 RUs of classic hardware, professionally designed studio acoustics.

Luis Dongo

Post by Luis Dongo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:59 am

Hello Big K,

it is two calendar months from the moment you activate the license.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

emery

Post by emery » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 pm

The link for trial is not coming to email inbox. When will the trial be ready?
www.Mastering.Lt

Hackintosh I7-7700K, Prism Sound Orpheus, Nuendo 8.1.10 , WL 8.5.20 , Acustica Audio, UAD2 Octo

J-S-Q

Post by J-S-Q » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:05 am

I've also not received an email with the download link. I guess their system is running a bit slow right now.
Cubase Pro 9, Win10
CPU: AMD Threadripper 1920X. MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Aorus X399. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX. GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte GV-N96TSL GeForce 9600GT. SYSTEM DRIVE: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD. AUDIO INTERFACE: Steinberg MR816-CSX CONTROLLER: Avid S3, Avid Artist Transport

tomlobotom

Post by tomlobotom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 pm

Wrong link. I got mail with activation, but link is for Cubase 9 not Nuendo 8 on mac.

???

Davinzzie

Post by Davinzzie » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Who will be the judge?

- pun intended.
Nuendo 8.0.15 /AVID DNxHD/Hr Licensed / Nuendo 7.1.35 / Intel Xeon 2x8 core (16 Cores) / 64GB Ram / Nvidia GTX 1080 / Samsung EVO 850 500x2 - EVO 850 1TB / RME Fireface 802 / Windows 10 / PSI A21-M x3 / SVS PB12-NSD / AXE FX II XL+ \m/ >.< \m/

drorh4

Post by drorh4 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:15 am

Hey.
Is there a way to stop the trial runing time?
I will not be using it for a month and I wonderd if it is possible in any way.
thnx
Win10 - Nuendo 8.1.10 - Wavelab 7
RME multiface2
Waves/ plugin Alliance/Sound toys

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:40 pm

drorh4 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:15 am
Hey.
Is there a way to stop the trial runing time?
I will not be using it for a month and I wonderd if it is possible in any way.
thnx
I don't know if there is, but I do think that something has changed with the Trial version system. I seem to remember that, in the past, a Trial would last for 60 days spread over any period of time - so 60 days of actual use, but now it only runs for 60 consecutive days, whether you use it or not. I have used my N8 trial version for 3 days so far but it now tells me that I only have 43 days left!

I might be wrong about this - can somebody confirm that things have changed?
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

Windows-7 Pro 64-bit, i7 Quad core 2.66 15GB ram, Nuendo-8.2.0, Wavelab-6, 2x MR816CSX, RME FireFace UFX, SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Halion-5, Halion Sonic 2, Kontakt-5, Roland V-Drums TD-20X
Cubase iC Pro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth)
Omnisphere, Trillian + loads of real instruments.

drorh4

Post by drorh4 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Fenderchris, You right.

I remember 6.5 was a 60 "work" days - it was beatiful. you could work your ass off on the older version while going through the new on your own time.
I think this is got different from 7th. 60 days even if you crashed you computer or off the loop for some reason.

Being this 8 version so dense, still not complete( video engine) and after a very very long waiting - should be "a working day" trial.
some of us already have 8 and work on 7.

Maybe something can be done here Timo?
Win10 - Nuendo 8.1.10 - Wavelab 7
RME multiface2
Waves/ plugin Alliance/Sound toys

RobAm

Post by RobAm » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 am

Hi,
I really want to try N8 and prolly eventually buy it, but here's the problem.
My studio MacPro is permanently offline (for security reasons), and my online MBP laptop runs on 10.6.8 version of the MacOS system.
I downloaded the whole 12.5GB chunk of N8 Trial Version to this MBP, but can't transport it neither to a USB pendrive nor to a portable harddrive, to install it on my studio's MacPro.
I think that's because of the 10.6.8 system's limitations. But maybe it's something else?
Is it possible that I could download N8 in separate 4GB chunks through some ZIP archive, that could automatically join them all together?
Thanks for help!

Plasmatron

Post by Plasmatron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:39 pm

drorh4 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:49 pm
Fenderchris, You right.

I remember 6.5 was a 60 "work" days - it was beatiful. you could work your ass off on the older version while going through the new on your own time.
I think this is got different from 7th. 60 days even if you crashed you computer or off the loop for some reason.

Being this 8 version so dense, still not complete( video engine) and after a very very long waiting - should be "a working day" trial.
some of us already have 8 and work on 7.

Maybe something can be done here Timo?
+1 On this !

I have 7.1 but 8.1 is so sluggish I have to use 7.1. It would be nice to be able to try 8.1.X to test responsiveness before bying the upgrade. But it's probable that my trial will expire before the 8.1.X update. Any ideas Fredo ?

Return to “General”