MediaBay wont remember results columns settings

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
diode303

MediaBay wont remember results columns settings

Post by diode303 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:54 am

This is something I've never been able to figure out, and I'm hoping there is simple solution:

If I set up custom results columns in MediaBay (eg. I don't want to see "Rating" and "Family Name" -- I do want to see "BitDepth" and "Sample Rate"), next time I open Nuendo, it's back to the default view.

I noticed there is a "Use Defaults" option in the Column Results dropdown menu, but no options for actually storing and retrieving my own settings. Is there something I'm missing, or is this just the way of things?
Workstations: Various (OSX and Win10). Apogee, RME & Focusrite interfaces.
Main DAW & Editing Software: Nuendo 8.1, WaveLab Pro 9.5, Ableton Live 9

Timeline

Re: MediaBay wont remember results columns settings

Post by Timeline » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:14 am

Are you getting crashes on exit? This only writes in my experience on exit. you may need to solve exiting Nuendo without crash. usually related to MIDI drivers or MACKIE control, some device connected
Windows 10 64 bit/ Windows 7 64 bit- i7-770k CPU 4.2GHZ, 32 GB

TheBongman

Re: MediaBay wont remember results columns settings

Post by TheBongman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:20 pm

I got the same problem here with Nuendo 8.2. I set a custom columns and sometimes (randomly) they disappear, sometimes it happen after a restart, sometimes even without leaving the application at all. With Nuendo 8.1 this didn't happened, neither with 7.x nor 6.x, etc.

It's very annoying. I agree with diode303, it should be a way to store a set of columns without creating a Mediabay aspect for each set.
Rodrigo Sepúlveda
N8.2 | N7.1 | Cubasis | Intel i7 | 32 GB | MR816csx | UR22mkII | Euphonix MC Mix & Control | Genelec 1030A + 1092A - 5.1
Halion | HSO | iZotope RX | NI Komplete Ultimate | EastWest Composer Cloud | +++

Return to “General”