Nuendo 8.3.20 crashes on new win10 pro workstation with error in Steinbergs graphics2d.dll

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
cubass

Nuendo 8.3.20 crashes on new win10 pro workstation with error in Steinbergs graphics2d.dll

Post by cubass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi,

just changed my system from a mac to a brandnew win 10 pro workstation, configured from a specialized reseller for the use with Nuendo's latest version and Nuage desks. But this machine didn't work reliable with Nuendo: sometimes after 2 hours, sometimes 10 minutes after working on a new project Nuendo just closes down - no error message, it just exits. In the windows error report it is always mentioned that the error occurs in the Steinberg graphics2d.dll file. And it is regardless what work is done, it crashes even while a working pause on it self.

As the support is not really fast, I had many hours searching a possible solution by my own - also because on mac I got this normally by myself in a short time. But with this workstation, it is weird. When I deinstalled the 8.3.15 Nuendo Update and got to the 8.0.10 version (from 2017) everything works fine on this brandnew machine - but without the new features.

When working with the newest version of Nuendo and as a workaround with a older version of the mentioned graphics2d.dll, the error changes - I get a error message and a crash dump file from Nuendo and have to close Nuendo by meyself. So it is also not reliably working.

Perhaps it is the graphics card - but the support is not shure. So I am just before to give the Workstation back to the reseller.

As a last try, I just ask you as the folks, working with Nuendo 8.3.20 on win10 - someone who knows that problem, could give a hint or had the same problem with Nuendo and know the reason or a solution?

The rough system specs of the machine are:
- ASUS X299-A with Thunderbold3 EX (for UAD apollos)
- Intel i9-9900X (10x3,5 Ghz)
- AMD W5100 WX graphics
- Additional Intel network card
- 32 GB RAM
- Win10 Pro (stable release dec. 2018)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greetings
Andreas
Nuendo 8.x | WaveLab Pro 9.x | Universal Audio Apollo & x8 (TB3) | Nuage Master & Fader Unit | Avid Artist Transport (EuCon) | Kontakt, UVI, Spitfire Audio and more | NS-10m | Dynaudio BM5a mkIII | K2500X | ...

Return to “General”