[FR]: Toggle-able Workspaces option to save (or not) position and zoom

Workspaces currently change the position and zoom level of the arranger to whatever it was when the space was last updated. This is frustrating behavior, as it means that workspaces require the user to re-focus and re-zoom on the ever changing working area. The vast majority of the time, I do not want the position and zoom levels altered when switching between workspaces. I simply want my arrangement of windows, plugins and editing windows to be closed and opened.

A toggle-able option to save (or not) the Position and Zoom when recalling the workspace would be a nice feature.

Seconded, for all the reasons the OP listed above. I love the workspaces feature and use it regularly, but I’m always correcting the position and zoom immediately after each time I switch. Some kind of toggle in the prefs or wherever would be wonderful.

+1
workspace is a total mess, I’ve tried making every macro combination possibly, it just randomly changes settings only thing that works is the show hid tracks and hight of them :<

+1

+1 saving the position and zoom should have nothing to do with the workspaces and arrangements of windows. Position and zoom level should be a totally separate feature.

1 Like

+1

except for the vertical zoom.
In mixing, it is interesting to focus on FX tracks for example and then on the foley tracks …
actually, it would be interesting to have options in creating workspace

+1

yep!

+1

Bump!

+1

1+
and as ChrisPolus said

+1 saving the position and zoom should have nothing to do with the workspaces and arrangements of windows. Position and zoom level should be a totally separate feature.