Ripple Edit - for Events and Ranges (voice overs, audio books, podcasts e.g.)

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 8 can be posted here.
MarkusLappalainen

Re: Ripple Edit - for Events and Ranges (voice overs, audio books, podcasts e.g.)

Post by MarkusLappalainen » Thu May 24, 2018 9:03 am

I use Nuendo for film and media composition and this would be a great function when I need to reconform the material to a new cut! While waiting, I think I will set up a macro...
Have a happy day!
– Markus Lappalainen

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: Ripple Edit - for Events and Ranges (voice overs, audio books, podcasts e.g.)

Post by MattiasNYC » Thu May 24, 2018 2:24 pm

If you're in film I'd think getting EDLs and reconforming would be preferred.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Chewy Papadopoulos

Post by Chewy Papadopoulos » Thu May 24, 2018 4:21 pm

MattiasNYC wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:24 pm
If you're in film I'd think getting EDLs and reconforming would be preferred.
Oh, yes. But... you don't always get to pick your editor, and that editor that you don't get to pick so very frequently, in his haste to send you that latest cut that has the source audio spread all over the track spread in indecipherable ways, forgets to actually learn how to provide it... or just refuses to...or has gone home for the weekend... or, in my case last week, is in India with a 12+hour time difference when the new cut has to be in within 5.

In other words... ya can't always get what you want. Enhanced ripple features would be welcome over here. Certainly I'd prefer to reconform via EDL... but there are lots of things I'd like that I can't have all the time. I wish somebody would do something about that.

Chewy
N8x, C8, Halion, UAD-2s (Quad PCI, Satellite & SOLO/Laptop), Fireface 800, UR-22, MC Control, MacPro 12 core 3.46GHz, 64 Gigs RAM OS 10.11.6; MacBook Pro 4 core, 16 Gigs, OS 10.13.4

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Thu May 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Sure. I don't disagree.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Oliver.Lucas

Post by Oliver.Lucas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:54 am

-steve- wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:08 pm
But in any case, this can be done with macros, and a PLE preset.

For all tracks:
Select the earliest object to be included in the edit, then
Macro:
Locate Selection Start
Select from Cursor to end

To do this on a selection of tracks:
- Select tracks upon which objects should be moved
- Select the earliest object to be included in the edit, then
Macro:
- Locate Selection Start
- Select all on tracks
- PLE preset:
Property is Set: Event is Selected
Position Beyond Cursor
Function: Select
I've included the PLE preset.
Wow, Steve you are quite amazing. Thanks for that very useful tip.
Nuendo user from 2005 until late 2018, then switched to ProTools Ultimate

Main machine: Hexacore 3.3 Cheese grater with USB3 and RME Raydat, 48GB RAM, Radeon HD 7970, Caldigit FASTA USB C, Intensity Pro, macOS 10.13

uarte

Post by uarte » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 pm

+1 please, yes to Ripple Edit. Even Studio One just got Ripple Edit mode now.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”