FYI: Naming Scheme Error EZ Fix!

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
reberclark

FYI: Naming Scheme Error EZ Fix!

Post by reberclark » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:42 pm

I was trying to mix down a large project in Cubase 10 Pro with tons of tracks and kept getting this error: "Please change your naming scheme, as it does not provide unique names for the file." After fretting with settings and scouring this forum and the web and generally panicking (this was due today) I realized that I had two tracks with the very same name in the project window. Instead of "Toms1" and "Toms2" they were widely separated but both named "Toms".

Changing the track name was the fix but getting info on this simple error was really tough to find. Most solutions I found were very in depth and wandering when it was actually a simple thing to look for. I'm posting this in case anyone is having similar problems. Cheers!
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

Cubase Pro 10.5, Finale 25.5
A whole bunch of VSTs (East West, Spitfire, ProjectSam, ad infinitum...)

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: FYI: Naming Scheme Error EZ Fix!

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:38 am

Hi,

Did you (batch) export Multiple Channels? How was it set up? How was the Naming Scheme set up?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

reberclark

Re: FYI: Naming Scheme Error EZ Fix!

Post by reberclark » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:42 am

Hi Martin, Yes I was batch exporting multiple channels. It wasn't what I considered the "naming scheme" meaning the "unique file name" thing - it was that I was trying to export two tracks that were inadvertently named the same thing - "Toms" and "Toms". Once I changed their names so that they differed (Toms 1 and Toms 2) all was fine.
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

Cubase Pro 10.5, Finale 25.5
A whole bunch of VSTs (East West, Spitfire, ProjectSam, ad infinitum...)

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Return to “General”