Welcome to Cubase 10

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
fridaysghost

Re: Welcome to Cubase 10

Post by fridaysghost » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:07 am

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:20 pm
Hi all,
Hi Matthias,

Generally I'm enjoying Cubase 10 - the sidechaining feature in particular is saving me a lot of time.

There is one issue however that I think it would be very quick for you to resolve for the next update which has seriously hampered my workflow and is making it impossible for me to work in Cubase 10.

I create a lot of versions of tracks with slightly different but very long titles etc (do a lot of TV music so lots of file names and then - 30 second version for example) and I also regularly save new versions of old versions.

In every other version of Cubase I have been able to click on "Path" in the audio export window and it takes me to me folder where I can click an existing WAV and then click OK - it would then populate the "File name" and "Path" in the export window with the correct information. So basically it took me 2-3 mouse clicks maximum - if I'm doing 50-60 files a day then that worked well for me.

Now when I click "path" in cubase 10 - it requires me to manually type in the folder destination and the track title - this is disastrous for my workflow and is already costing me so much time. If I do the extra clicks and navigate through the drop downs to the folder it now no longer shows the wavs so I can not click on another wav file to import the track name into the "File Name" box.

Could you re-instate click on path to take to the folder - or even just make it so a right click on path gives that option or even just clicking on the word "path" itself, or even a way in preferences to choose how to make it work. At the moment it has just been completely removed - basically I need anything at all which will give me that option back.

Please let me know as soon as poss if you can fix this - it should be incredibly simple but would be hugely appreciated. In the meantime I have to go back to cubase 9.5, which is a real shame.

Thank you!
James
Last edited by fridaysghost on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ResonantMind

Post by ResonantMind » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:58 am

fridaysghost wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:07 am
Hi Matthias,

Generally I'm enjoying Cubase 10 - the sidechaining feature in particular is saving me a lot of time.

There is one issue however that I think it would be very quick for you to resolve for the next update which has seriously hampered my workflow and is making it impossible for me to work in Cubase 10.

I create a lot of versions of tracks with slightly different but very long titles etc (do a lot of TV music so lots of file names and then - 30 second version for example) and I also regularly save new versions of old versions.

In every other version of Cubase I have been able to click on "Path" in the audio export window and it takes me to me folder where I can click an existing WAV and then click OK - it would then populate the "File name" and "Path" in the export window with the correct information. So basically it took me 2-3 mouse clicks maximum - if I'm doing 50-60 files a day then that worked well for me.

Now when I click "path" in cubase 10 - it requires me to manually type in the folder destination and the track title - this is disastrous for my workflow and is already costing me so much time. If I do the extra clicks and navigate through the drop downs to the folder it now no longer shows the wavs so I can not click on another wav file to import the track name into the "File Name" box.

Could you re-instate click on path to take to the folder - or even just make it so a right click on path gives that option or even just clicking on the word "path" itself, or even a way in preferences to choose how to make it work. At the moment it has just been completely removed - basically I need anything at all which will give me that option back.

Please let me know as soon as poss if you can fix this - it should be incredibly simple but would be hugely appreciated. In the meantime I have to go back to cubase 9.5, which is a real shame.

Thank you!
James
Make sure you quote him so he gets the quote notification, and also post this in issues

DoMiny1er

Post by DoMiny1er » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:47 am

i've been trying to download from 2 differents computers and browsers. No success. I thought it was a kid of local problem, but by now, can we intend that issue is coming from their Steinberg's Servers?

I've also tried with that direct link:

http://download.steinberg.net/automated ... er_win.zip

No success. :( :(

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:01 pm

I downloaded on the day of the release and it took ... well, I didn't even check the time because I went to the kitchen and came back with a cup of coffee and it was almost done but let's say 10min from Hamburg, Germany to Gothenburg, Sweden.
Maybe we have fast internet in general in this part of the world but if it takes so long some people say there is either some other problem elsewhere or there is a new problem in Hamburg?
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Steinberg WaveLab 9.5 | Steinberg Absolute 2 |
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

Tarquam

Post by Tarquam » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:25 pm

When will update be avalible? Once I've paid for C10 I want to use it...

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Tarquam wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:25 pm
What seems to be the problem? If C10 is completely unusable now, you have issues an update won’t fix.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

peakae
Grand Senior Member

Post by peakae » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:43 pm

This one helped me after having some crashes when I first started using C10.
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... er-actions
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

fridaysghost

Post by fridaysghost » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:37 pm

ResonantMind wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:58 am
fridaysghost wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:07 am
Hi Matthias,

Make sure you quote him so he gets the quote notification, and also post this in issues
Thank you - I did not know about quouting - I have added his quote to my original post - so hopefully that will act as a notifcation?

And yes, I will add to issues as well, thank you.

DoMiny1er

Post by DoMiny1er » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:46 am

DoMiny1er wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:47 am
i've been trying to download from 2 differents computers and browsers. No success. I thought it was a kid of local problem, but by now, can we intend that issue is coming from their Steinberg's Servers?

I've also tried with that direct link:

No success. :( :(

Any solution for me ?
I've paid C10 and i"m stucking on an failed downloading. Thanks

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:56 am

DoMiny1er wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:46 am

Any solution for me ?
I've paid C10 and i"m stucking on an failed downloading. Thanks
Did you try the Steinberg Download Assistant? What is the actual problem?
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

prolik

Post by prolik » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:06 am

Cu 10 Pro works like a charm. Love new features.

- it crashes on Autotune 8 projects, Win 10 file associations are messed up

All in all, since CU 9 all great versions
Cubase 9 Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro, WIN 7, Intel I5, Asus B85 Plus, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Tarquam

Post by Tarquam » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:15 am

jaslan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:09 pm
Tarquam wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:25 pm
What seems to be the problem? If C10 is completely unusable now, you have issues an update won’t fix.
If update won't fix crashes on loading old projects (and yes, I've tried the ONLY possible solution brought by steinberg) and not loading certain plugins, I want my money back

noiseboyuk

Post by noiseboyuk » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:50 am

Tarquam, you'll have to describe exactly what the problem is. Many of us had issues loading old projects, because Cubase 10.0.5 is violently intolerant to some particular versions of plugins. It takes usually half an hour or so to track down what the problem ones are - import tracks from an old project in batches to more quickly nail down the problem area. In my case it was Kush's Clariphonic. All I then had to do was update that plugin from 1.0.1 to 1.1.1 and from then on I've not had any issues. I believe others have had similar stories with other problem plugins.

C10 should not be crashing so spectacularly - the Blacklist should handle it - but pretty much all of us have found what the problem plugins are and for many there is an update which makes the problem go away.
Win 10 64 bit, i7 4930, 64gb RAM, 2x GT610, RME Babyface, Cubase 9.01, PT 12HD
Macbook Pro 2015, 2.8ghz i7, 16gb RAM

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk

Franklinspired

Post by Franklinspired » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Maybe it's me, but I cannot help the feeling that from Steinberg side there's a lot of listening and talking to parties. Given the fact that the score editor has not been updated for years, I find it hard to believe though. Looking at Dorico and its steep developing curve, one would expect it to work flawlessly with Cubase and maybe it does to a certain extend. However it is not clear to me, or have I missed something?
Reading the Dorico forum, it was made clear that it will stay a seperate music notation program. Looking at the mediocre state of the score editor in Cubase I wonder what will be done to make these two pieces of software work flawlessly together.
Last but not least, I want to express my disappointment in Cubase 10 Pro which I bought because of the score-editor.
Windows 10 Pro, Mac OS 10.14, Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Dorico Pro 3.0.10, NI Kontakt 6 & Komplete Kontrol 4.1.6, VST Plugins.
Intel Core i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ASUS Prime Z370-A, Radeon RX 580 GPU, Dell Monitor P2415Q (4K).
Steinberg UR242 AI, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 Midi Controller, KRK Rokit 5 Monitors & Sub.

dcleff5

Post by dcleff5 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:14 pm

HowlingUlf wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:01 pm
dcleff5 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:29 pm
I upgraded to Cubase Elements 10 version specifically for the VST Transit feature, but its not available.
Why is this? :?: :!: :(
I'm on Pro but the installers should be the same, so ...
There is a separate *.msi installer file in my download for the VST Transit called "...\Installer\VST_Transit_64bit.msi" ... of all things !
Maybe you can run your Cubase installer program again and just check to see if the VST Transit is installed and install it from there if you need to.
Or if that won't help you can maybe run the *.msi as it is and install that?
So this is what the support team said after i contacted them

"
Thank you for your request.

I'm really sorry for the confusion, but Steinberg would never lie intentionally.

It is possible that the web designers have mixed up some information and corrected that afterwards, but I have no records about that procedure. It is just what happened some years ago and back then our Support department found those mistakes and notified the web design team.

Cubase Elements has never had VST Transit integrated.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards"

I feel wasted, I upgraded to elements 10 for the VST Transit.

Oh well. Might as well enjoy the "new features"
Cubase Elements 10
Hp ZBook Workstation G3
Core i7, 16Gb
Windows 10

saxmand

Post by saxmand » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:46 am

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:09 pm
cbdmusic wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:39 pm
Can you give us a progress report on the "Video Render Export" promised feature? Is it still in the works? I've been waiting 2 years for the promised future update. It's something I have to do everyday, export and send clips to clients.
Yes, this is not only our list, it's actually in progress. But since there are a lot of dependencies, I am not able to give you any outlook on the release schedule. We are aware that this is a much requested feature.
Great to hear it's on it's way. Hopefully not another year though...
Mac OS 10.12

Evertone

Post by Evertone » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:53 pm

First off, big thumbs up to Steinberg on this release!!

This is the best stable version of CB since 8.5 for me.
Installation was smooth.
Projects load and quit without crashes. Actually have not had a single crash during a full week of use.
All of my old projects opened up seamlessly.
GUI lag was improved tremendously. I tested out an old 60+tracks project that still was suffering a bit in CB 9.5 and the lag is none existent.
DOP is finally working perfect.
Ping for external hardware is actually functioning right after many CB versions.

The new features are very nice!

I have found a few issues but nothing major, and I'm sure they will be worked out.

Overall, I'm very excited to work within CB as stable as it is.

Thanks!!
Cubase Pro 10.0.30
Mojave 10.14.6
iMac i7 - 32gb ram
Apogee Symphony IO

Thurisaz

Post by Thurisaz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:53 am

Well, that's very positive news about the Multi-track Free Warping! :-) Bravo, Steinberg crew! :-) It was long awaited improvement.

I'm wandering few other things:

1. When you are going to add this: viewtopic.php?f=252&t=126823&p=703902#p703902 in your ToDo list? :-)
This is also very important to have opportunity to invoke the automation not only in lanes below the track, but also directly on the track, just like
in Pro Tools.

2. When you are going to implement normal Event Volume control? The current one is really terrible... Again Pro Tools can be given as great example
at 0.0dB the Event Volume Line should be in the middle of the Event (with option to be hidden when it's not needed). We have to be able to Volume editing directly on the Event without the need to slice the track... Exactly in the way shown on the attached below screenshot.
Pro Tools - Event Volume Editing.png
Pro Tools - Clip / Event Volume Editing
(100.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3. When the Triplet Grid in the Sample Editor will become a reality? So, basic thing which is needed and still not there. How such thing
can be possible in 21st century for such serious DAW?!
Check this request: viewtopic.php?f=252&t=126629&p=686453#p686453

4. When the Piano Keyboard in the Key Editor will look more realistic - black and white keys? Just like in Studio One and Pro Tools.
The current color is terrible and unfortunately can't be changed...

Greetings :-)

hertalle

Post by hertalle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi, I have a problem with connecting an audio device. When I go to the vst audio system I can't chose a audio driver.

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 am

Q. I paid for the update from Pro 9.5 to Pro 10; transaction processed; have auth code. Now, I see Full Version for D/l on D/L Assistant with a d/l size of 21.09 Gig. Do we just d/l and install the new "Full Version." It's fine if that's how we do it, but did I miss something?

Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 am

Yeah, that's it.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:22 am

-steve- wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 am
Yeah, that's it.
It all worked out (I think). Good update; many noticeable and welcome improvements about which more later. :-)
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-

starforce

Post by starforce » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:07 am

Stephen57 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 am
Q. I paid for the update from Pro 9.5 to Pro 10; transaction processed; have auth code. Now, I see Full Version for D/l on D/L Assistant with a d/l size of 21.09 Gig. Do we just d/l and install the new "Full Version." It's fine if that's how we do it, but did I miss something?

Thanks.
I'm in the same situation and I must say that it's really pathetic not to have a single Cubase 10 installer download. I'm really angry about it. Now I have to waste lots of hours download this whole pack and I just need Cubase 10 installer. (I've already downloaded v10.0.15 update)

And it seems some people here are even proud of being forced to download 21 Gb... :cry: And as in previous versions, after downloading this amount of GBs, I will locate for sure a single about 500 MB file somewhere which will be Cubase 10 single installer and I will be angrier.

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:45 pm

starforce wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:07 am
Stephen57 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 am

Thanks.
I'm in the same situation and I must say that it's really pathetic not to have a single Cubase 10 installer download. I'm really angry about it. Now I have to waste lots of hours download this whole pack and I just need Cubase 10 installer. (I've already downloaded v10.0.15 update)

And it seems some people here are even proud of being forced to download 21 Gb... :cry: And as in previous versions, after downloading this amount of GBs, I will locate for sure a single about 500 MB file somewhere which will be Cubase 10 single installer and I will be angrier.
Well, I see from my previous post that it all worked and I was optimistic. I'd prefer being able to obtain optical or USB media for an installation of this size. I'd also like to have the US get up to global net speed standards and that might also help me not feel less put upon by being offered only a huge download for the program. Anyway, roll with it and it should work.

My first edition of Cubase was the boxed Pro 8 and I liked that better. GL. It will work out.

Help with Cubase:

soundpeaks_net

Post by soundpeaks_net » Sat May 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Cheers guys! Love ya!

Return to “General”