Welcome to Cubase 10

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
jim476

Re: Welcome to Cubase 10

Post by jim476 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:54 pm

Just upgraded from 9.5 Artist to 10.20 Pro. Tried a 9.5 file, no problems.
Cheers!
Cubase 10 Pro, FInale, and a whole bunch of VST's.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat May 18, 2019 6:10 pm

I have 9.5 LE. Should I delete it before installing 10 Pro? I've not made any projects or anything.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Sat May 18, 2019 6:20 pm

No need, to uninstall, but since you haven't used LE, you could take the extra step of deleting the Cubase LE User Settings Data Folder located in %appdata%/Steinberg/

Refer to https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artis ... red_c.html for more info.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

triton100

Post by triton100 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:00 pm

Evertone wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:53 pm
First off, big thumbs up to Steinberg on this release!!

This is the best stable version of CB since 8.5 for me.
Installation was smooth.
Projects load and quit without crashes. Actually have not had a single crash during a full week of use.
All of my old projects opened up seamlessly.
GUI lag was improved tremendously. I tested out an old 60+tracks project that still was suffering a bit in CB 9.5 and the lag is none existent.
DOP is finally working perfect.
Ping for external hardware is actually functioning right after many CB versions.

The new features are very nice!

I have found a few issues but nothing major, and I'm sure they will be worked out.

Overall, I'm very excited to work within CB as stable as it is.

Thanks!!
Hi seems like it’s running well on the Mac. Can you tell me if the issue mentioned in this thread is gone re smooth mouse scrolling?

viewtopic.php?f=252&t=120338&sid=2859b5 ... c5537dca71
cubase 10.0.4
macbook pro 15 retina 2016, kontakt waves absynth trilian maschine studio komplete ultimate symphony orchestra symphobia

Evertone

Post by Evertone » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:21 pm

triton100 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:00 pm
Hi seems like it’s running well on the Mac. Can you tell me if the issue mentioned in this thread is gone re smooth mouse scrolling?
Yes, I've been using cubase since version 8 and this has been the most stable/improved version yet.

Unfortunately I would also like smooth scrolling but that is more of a feature request at the moment. I hope they can implement it soon.
Workaround for me was to bring down the scrolling speed all the way down in both my mouse software and Mac system preferences which works a little better. Maybe try that for now
Cubase Pro 10.0.30
Mojave 10.14.6
iMac i7 - 32gb ram
Apogee Symphony IO

triton100

Post by triton100 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 am

Evertone wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:21 pm
triton100 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:00 pm
Yes, I've been using cubase since version 8 and this has been the most stable/improved version yet.

Unfortunately I would also like smooth scrolling but that is more of a feature request at the moment. I hope they can implement it soon.
Workaround for me was to bring down the scrolling speed all the way down in both my mouse software and Mac system preferences which works a little better. Maybe try that for now
thanks for the update ! good to know. The smooth scrolling issue is really bugging me now though. I tried slowing down tracking, but it does nothing when using a magic mouse.

The weird thing is, I can't seem to understand what the present method of scrolling is based upon. Ie. does it scroll down by jumping from track to track, or some other measurement mode? There doesn't seem to be any reasoning behind the measurement of jumps, therefore it seems to be a bug as opposed to a feature request I would have thought. I keep missing the track I'm trying to scroll too because of the jumps, and I can't find any work around that's works.
cubase 10.0.4
macbook pro 15 retina 2016, kontakt waves absynth trilian maschine studio komplete ultimate symphony orchestra symphobia

Evertone

Post by Evertone » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:06 pm

triton100 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 am
I tried slowing down tracking, but it does nothing when using a magic mouse.
Tracking is different than scrolling speed from what I can see in the System Preferences->Mouse settings. Did you mean Scrolling?

I'm using the Kensington Slimblade which comes with it's own software for extra settings. It allows me to bring the scrolling speed down and change the scrolling direction. For me, the strange thing is that if I don't install the software, the scrolling works very smooth and well but the scrolling direction is reversed.

I agree, I cannot understand how Cubase handles scrolling and different mouse settings. Definitely a very annoying and distracting thing to get in the way of workflow.

Probably the best solution in the meantime would be to get a different mouse that comes with it's own software.
Cubase Pro 10.0.30
Mojave 10.14.6
iMac i7 - 32gb ram
Apogee Symphony IO

triton100

Post by triton100 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Evertone wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:06 pm
triton100 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 am
I tried slowing down tracking, but it does nothing when using a magic mouse.
Tracking is different than scrolling speed from what I can see in the System Preferences->Mouse settings. Did you mean Scrolling?

I'm using the Kensington Slimblade which comes with it's own software for extra settings. It allows me to bring the scrolling speed down and change the scrolling direction. For me, the strange thing is that if I don't install the software, the scrolling works very smooth and well but the scrolling direction is reversed.

I agree, I cannot understand how Cubase handles scrolling and different mouse settings. Definitely a very annoying and distracting thing to get in the way of workflow.

Probably the best solution in the meantime would be to get a different mouse that comes with it's own software.
I meant scrolling yes. So you’re saying that when you don’t install the mouse software the scrolling is smooth ? Is that smooth using the mouse or without ? I’m trying to work out what could be the cause ?
When only using the MacBook Pro trackpad and not using the mouse the jump scrolling is still there too.
cubase 10.0.4

Evertone

Post by Evertone » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:46 pm

triton100 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:44 pm
So you’re saying that when you don’t install the mouse software the scrolling is smooth ? Is that smooth using the mouse or without ?
Yes, I get way better scrolling when I don't have the software installed for my SlimBlade mouse. I think it depends on the mouse you're using so not every mouse will work this way with Cubase.

I have never used a Magic Mouse, but if lowering the scrolling speed in the Mac system preferences doesn't make a difference, I doubt that you will be able to figure it out the cause. Steinberg needs to do some coding in order to make every mouse have the same scrolling functions within Cubase.
Cubase Pro 10.0.30
Mojave 10.14.6
iMac i7 - 32gb ram
Apogee Symphony IO

bitrate

Post by bitrate » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm

@Evertone (regarding your scrolling direction being reversed without your driver)

Your mouse direction might be resolved by un-ticking (or ticking) the "Scroll Direction: Natural" in System Preferences >Mouse (depending on what direction you prefer your scroll to be).

Evertone

Post by Evertone » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:22 pm

bitrate wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm
Your mouse direction might be resolved by un-ticking (or ticking) the "Scroll Direction: Natural" in System Preferences >Mouse (depending on what direction you prefer your scroll to be).
True! This is good only if I use Cubase solely. Changing it in the system preferences will affect and cause every other app(Logic, Pro Tools etc.) to change scrolling direction. Cubase is the only daw/app that has opposite scrolling direction. Hope that makes sense.
Cubase Pro 10.0.30
Mojave 10.14.6
iMac i7 - 32gb ram
Apogee Symphony IO

AB1

Cant get started

Post by AB1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:09 am

I have Cubase 1030 AL got this with UR22 interface.. Loaded the software and all I that opens is the "Steinberg Download Assistant" Clicked on Download and a green bar appears then I click Open and all that happens is a file in download opens - set up, read me etc - Nothing else happens. Hopefully can get it up and running. Alan

Return to “General”