Cant get Melodyne ARA to work..no extensions

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
Nytshade

Re: Cant get Melodyne ARA to work..no extensions

Post by Nytshade » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Nickeldome wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:25 am
A lot of 'noise' in here and I'm not going to read it all! But I had the exact same issue as described here? But I was able to fix doing this:

Make sure you have Cubase v10.0.40 and Melodyne v4.2.3 installed! These versions are important because earlier versions may not work!?

By default Melodyne installs here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne.vst3
But for some reason Cubase won't add it as an extension while it's there?

In order for Cubase to see it as an extension you need to do this:

1. Go to c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\
2. Create directory 'Melodyne'.
3. So now you should have c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne\ right?
4. Now 'move' (don't copy!) your 'Melodyne.vst3' to this directory.
5. So now you should have this path? c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne\Melodyne.vst3
6. Again! Make sure you didn't just copy it and that 'Melodyne.vst3' only exists in the above path!

Now start Cubase and you should now see the extension under the audio menu?
Thank you very much Nickeldome, that definitely worked for me.

Aldersyde

Post by Aldersyde » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:21 pm

What finally worked for me was to have a melodyne folder that the vst3 plugin resides in so the entire chain would be: c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne\ melodyne vst3 plugin.

I think this is what Nickeldome is saying but I didn't do the Melodyne folder and THEN the Melodyne plugin at first. When I added that Melodyne folder and then the Melodyne vst3 plug-in inside of the Melodyne folder everything worked.

olejason

Post by olejason » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 am

I'm having a similar problem but creating the folder didn't fix it. Is the Extensions feature exclusive to Cubase Pro? It seems like all of the documentation just specifies 'Cubase 10.0.40'

domus

Post by domus » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:39 am

Just a guess, but for me the extension menu thingie wasn't visible in the menu, even though I have a big screen with really high resolution. So if I didn't maximize my window I couldn't see it.

I had to start ticking off things in the menu that I didn't need/use and finally the extensions fit on the screen.

olejason

Post by olejason » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Thanks, I double checked and it doesn't seem to be hidden anywhere.

I'm still back to wondering if Extensions just aren't implemented in the Elements version. It's confusing because Steinberg is usually very clear about what is and isn't in the various versions.

KHS

Post by KHS » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:01 pm

olejason wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:25 pm
Thanks, I double checked and it doesn't seem to be hidden anywhere.

I'm still back to wondering if Extensions just aren't implemented in the Elements version. It's confusing because Steinberg is usually very clear about what is and isn't in the various versions.
Yes, you need Cubase Pro for this feature.

..And Steinberg are pretty clear about this, ARA2 is only available in Cubase Pro.
Cubase Pro 10.0.50 - Steinberg UR242 - Windows 10 Latest build - I7-7700K - Gigabyte GTX1070 Xtreme Gaming - 16GB RAM - Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z270 mobo - Corsair MP510 960 GB - Corsair MP510 1920 GB - Samsung 840 EVO 240 GB - Crucial MX300 525 GB.

Return to “General”