Load custom template automatically?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
ohm-ish

Load custom template automatically?

Post by ohm-ish » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi
I'm trying to setup Cubase so I can make music as quickly as possible.
Is it possible to have it load my custom template automatically on program launch?
Or should I make a shortcut to the template file, give it an icon and just use that to open Cubase?
Thanks

Edit: I just tried with opening the shortcut to the template, and it doesn't seem right, treating it as a project (creating/moving project subfolders, asking for old/new etc.).
Maybe I'm just not doing it right

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Load custom template automatically?

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid you cannot do it.

The only one way I can imagine is to use any 3rd party macro tool to start Cubase, select the the template from Hub and open it.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

ohm-ish

Post by ohm-ish » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Alright thanks.
I have hub disabled.. but the good thing about that was being able to start a project from a template fast.
Could I use the hub but disable all that internet stuff on the left?
I just want to keep cubase minimal so it loads as few things as possible on launch.

Edit: Ok I found this viewtopic.php?t=148650
Gonna try it now (renaming the hub service dll)

ohm-ish

Post by ohm-ish » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:01 pm

That did the trick.
Let hub be enabled. Remove the hubservice.dll (keep it as backup somewhere else).
Now left side of hub is removed :)
I wish Steinberg made it possible to deactivate a lot of stuff many don't need, especially to get Cubase faster and simpler

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Maybe you could have just unticked the option to use the Steinber Hub in prefeferences. This would have left only the right side showing.

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

ohm-ish

Post by ohm-ish » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Prock wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:47 pm
Maybe you could have just unticked the option to use the Steinber Hub in prefeferences. This would have left only the right side showing.
Not sure how you mean?
By default the hub is enabled.
I disabled it and all of the hub was then gone.
By enabling hub while removing the dll now only the right side of hub is shown

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:48 pm

ohm-ish wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:00 pm
Prock wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:47 pm
Not sure how you mean?
By default the hub is enabled.
I disabled it and all of the hub was then gone.
By enabling hub while removing the dll now only the right side of hub is shown
For me... when unticking the "Use Hub" preference (Edit>Preferences>General menu) it shuts off the Steinberg Hub. Leaving just the right side (the Steinberg Project Assistant) showing. You do have to hit File>New Project when Cubase starts to start the assistant though. BTW... I just checked this on my system and it works as I described.

I recommended this because over the years I seen many users who removed a .dll file from the components folder only to get issues later when applying a CB maintenance update. Many do not remember that they removed a file and the subsequent posts for help may not reveal the root cause of the issue as they most likely fixed their issue by reinstalling the whole program.

Bottom line...
Your method works. Just remember, if you have issues later, to replace that saved .dll file and see if it corrects things.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

ohm-ish

Post by ohm-ish » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:55 pm

I hear you Prock.
I made my own Cubase folder with the dll files, reminders and hopefully soon backups of my presets/settings etc.
And when an update comes, I will remember my changes.
Cheers :)

Return to “General”