Edit Audio Track

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
Cartwheel

Edit Audio Track

Post by Cartwheel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Hello,

Is there a better way to do this?... when I want to reduce a small section of a vocal take, say by 3db, I cut around the part, highlight, reduce, then bounce or glue. Can I do something quicker with the range tool, for example, without cutting?

Thanks,
Cartwheel
Cubase Pro 10, Logic Pro X, Reaper, Late 2013 iMac, 16gb, Mojave, Apogee Duet, Zoom UAC -2, GAP 73 mkii, Aston Spirit, SM7 B, Arturia MiniLab ii.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Edit Audio Track

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi,

Yes, you can select the range and use Direct Offline Process gain, to lower the volume inside of the range. You can even make a preset and assign a Key Command to this specific function. This is how sound engineers for audio post-production are working in Nuendo. And the same is in Cubase too.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Cartwheel

Re: Edit Audio Track

Post by Cartwheel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Ok... Thanks, Martin

I knew there had to be a more efficient way to do this. I did try the range tool, and went through various menus, but overlooked the direct offline process.

Cheers.
Cubase Pro 10, Logic Pro X, Reaper, Late 2013 iMac, 16gb, Mojave, Apogee Duet, Zoom UAC -2, GAP 73 mkii, Aston Spirit, SM7 B, Arturia MiniLab ii.

Return to “General”