Cubase 10 pro : no sound (installation)

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
dalonjls

Cubase 10 pro : no sound (installation)

Post by dalonjls » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:23 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to explain my problem (I'm french so please sorry if I'm incomprehensible).

I installed Cubase 10 Pro on my computer and I use an USB keybord (M-Audio). I've got a USB e-licenser.

No problem but when I press a key there is no sound except a piano sound but I'm not sure it's Helion or something sold with Cubase.

I suppose Cubase don't find my sound card. I try a video on Youtube but it doesn't solve my problem.

So, what can I do to give you the good informations that can help me use Cubase ?

Thank you for you help, and if the topic already exists so can you tell me where ?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Cubase 10 pro : no sound (installation)

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi and welcome,

1) What OS do you use (Windows/Mac)?
2) What Audio Device do you own?
3) What is the selected ASIO driver in the Studio > Studio Setup > VST Audio System?
4) What is the setup in the Studio > VST Connections > Outputs?
5) What kind of track have you created (Audio/MIDI/Instrument)?
6) Do you want to use Cubase internal sounds (HALion Sonic SE)?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

dalonjls

Post by dalonjls » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:00 pm

Thank you Martin Jirsak,

I just see you post.

So my replies :

- I use Windows 10 family (64 bits)
- Audio device (I'm not sure about the question) :
- the sound card of my computer : Realtek High Definition Audio
- Audiogram 6 from Yamaha
- USB keyboard (m-Audio) : I think it changes Nothing
- ASIO driver : Generic Low Latency ASIO driver (the other possible is : Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO)
- outputs : 32G1WG4 (NVIDIA hi definition 1 or 2)
- I just test Cubase but I want to begin with a midi track, with my M-AUDIO usb keyboard (or my Yamaha piano if necessary)
- yes I want to use Cubase internal sounds (Halion Sonic SE)

I tried to press on my keyboard and saw the level bars (?) moving so I know it's possible to play.

I just hear a piano sound but maybe it comes from Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth (I see it in : Studio Setup / Midi ports configuration / Windows midi Output : Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth -> active).

I had a Motif XS8 and maybe Cubase is too complicate for me for the moment. But I want to succeed.

Thank you again...

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi,

If you want to use the sounds from Cubase, add an Instrument track and select HALion Sonic SE.

Why you are not using for Yamaha Audiogram 6 as an Audio Device? I believe that would be much easier.

If you want to use your integrated Realtek Audio Device, I would recommend to install ASIO4ALL and use this.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

dalonjls

Post by dalonjls » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Yes why not Audiogram 6... but the sound is the same except that now, with Instrument track, I have the 127 gm sound (old sounds I think) and not only a piano.

I can't paste a screen copy but it would have been easier to see my setup (an image is better than my words).

Audiogram 6 is now an audio device (for Windows) : I connected it on my computer and I can hear sounds.

I'll download ASIO4ALL to see if there is latency too.

I think, as there is sound now, that I must begin with a video teaching first step or something like that. I believe that I have to learn bases.

Thank you for you help. I don't want to take all your time for (very) beginner's problems. At least I have sound and it's important. I follow...

Return to “General”