Upgrade

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
pedrowu

Upgrade

Post by pedrowu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:32 am

Dear Sir
I have paid $199 from Cubase 8 to 9.5 on 25 September 2018, less 2 months ago, and now I need to pay more for 10. I want to upgrade to ver. 10. May I have any kinds of solutions for my case? Sincerely, Peter Cheng I Wu

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Upgrade

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi and welcome,

I'm sorry, I'm afraid not. The Grace Period has been set from Oct 15th by Steinberg.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

pillerk

Post by pillerk » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi,
I would like to ask you that I can verify that I am eligible to upgrade the current Cubase 9 PRO product to CUBASE PRO 10. Originally I purchased Cubase 8.5 Education and got a license for Cubase 9 Pro which I downloaded and registered. I want to buy Cubase PRO 10, but I'm not sure it will work for upgrade EDUCATION.
If Cubase 9 EDUCATION can not be upgraded, do I need to re-prove that I am a university student or instructor for my purchase?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:59 am

Hi and welcome,

The upgrades from the EDU versions are exactly the same as the upgrades from the retail versions. So yes, you can buy the common retail upgrade from Cubase 9 to Cubase 10. You don't have to re-prove. By the upgrade your license becomes retail license. So all EDU limitations are gone for you.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

pillerk

Post by pillerk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:55 am

Dear Martin

Thanks for the answer. There are several places I've read in the forums that EDUCATION licenses can not be upgraded and must buy the ratil version. Since I was originally purchased version 8.5 (BOXED with USB e-licencer), but after activation I got Version 9, my e-license is valid for Cubase 9 EDU. Ia hawe registered version 9 on Steinberg. I use these versions 8.5 and 9 in parallel, since sometimes I need 32Bit VST tools that version 9 does not support. My question would be that if I buy 10 upgrade, will I still be able to use version 8.5? It's okay if the EDU limitation disappears, I will not use the product for commercial purposes. Does this update require you to have the previous version installed? Or is the license enough for installation the upgrade? Thank You :)

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:45 am

Hi,
pillerk wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:55 am
There are several places I've read in the forums that EDUCATION licenses can not be upgraded and must buy the ratil version.
This is just not true. If you would need to buy a new license, I will pay you the difference between the update and the new full retail license. I'm so confident about it. ;-) :-D
pillerk wrote:
My question would be that if I buy 10 upgrade, will I still be able to use version 8.5?
Yes, with Cubase Pro 10 license, you can start Cubase Pro 9.5, Cubase Pro 8, etc. No worries.
pillerk wrote:
Does this update require you to have the previous version installed? Or is the license enough for installation the upgrade?
No, Cubase doesn't have to be installed. The license is enough (the only one which is important).
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Return to “Presales”