Questions on acquiring Cubase Elements

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
lmendo

Questions on acquiring Cubase Elements

Post by lmendo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:18 am

Hello!

First message here. Sorry about the basic questions. I couldn't find any answers in the forum.

I am considering purchasing Cubase Elements 10. I don't have any previous version of Cubase.

- Do I need some piece of hardware such as eLicenser? Or can I do everything online? Steinberg offers the possibility to buy online and download the software. Will I be able to and license it and use right away without an eLicenser or whatever other physical device?
- If in the future there are updates within version 10 (say from 10.0.1 to 10.0.2), will I be entitled to have those updates at no cost?

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Re: Questions on acquiring Cubase Elements

Post by jaslan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:32 am

Yes. The Elements version does not require the USB eLicenser. Only the Artist and Pro versions require it. Elements will install a "software" eLicenser (a file stored on the hard drive). You will get maintenance updates for free such as the numbers you listed above. Usually, they release a ".5" update with new features after a year (i.e. Cubase 10.5) which has new features and is NOT free.
HTH
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

lmendo

Re: Questions on acquiring Cubase Elements

Post by lmendo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:43 am

Thank you!

Return to “Presales”