Crossgrade from ProTools for Student

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
qtdoggo

Crossgrade from ProTools for Student

Post by qtdoggo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to get a crossgrade price for the Cubase Pro 10 if my ProTools 11 was bought when I was a student and am no longer a student?

Thanks!

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Crossgrade from ProTools for Student

Post by Prock » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Probably not... as the Steinberg process to purchase Edu versions is that you have to submit proof of current Edu eligibility. "Current" means that you have to be a student now.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.50, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Well, I think you would certainly need to be a student NOW to crossgrade to the Educational version of Cubase. Additionally, I am not sure they would give an ADDITIONAL discount anyway (i.e. a discount for crossgrade and another for Educational).
But It is not clear if the product crossgrading FROM must be a full license. Bottom line is that you have to send a picture of the receipt or license anyway so it is worth a try.

I do see that Dorico has a Crossgrade/Educational version in the store but Cubase only has a crossgrade version.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

qtdoggo

Post by qtdoggo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 am

Thank you Prock and Jaslan for your replies! I realised they do crossgrades from Logic Pro too and I have a regular (non-student) version of that and have asked about it in a new thread.

Return to “Presales”