Cubase to Nuendo?

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
skank

Cubase to Nuendo?

Post by skank » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:08 pm

I'm interested in Nuendo crossgrade, is there anyway to crossgrade to Nuendo and keep the Cubase license ?

I don't want to lose Cubase if Nuendo is not Cubase + (everything in Cubase plus more), which it hasn't always seemed to be (ie I don't want to lose anything 8-) ).

Can anyone enlighten me on either point?
This is not what you think it is./

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Re: Cubase to Nuendo?

Post by svennilenni » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:17 pm

skank wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:08 pm
I'm interested in Nuendo crossgrade, is there anyway to crossgrade to Nuendo and keep the Cubase license ?
Yes, if you own two Cubase licenses you can crossgrade one and keep the other.
skank wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:08 pm
I don't want to lose Cubase if Nuendo is not Cubase + (everything in Cubase plus more), which it hasn't always seemed to be (ie I don't want to lose anything 8-) ).

Can anyone enlighten me on either point?
As soon as the next Nuendo version is out you don´t lose anything. Plenty written on all the other threads on the forums, that answers your questions...

skank

Re: Cubase to Nuendo?

Post by skank » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 pm

svennilenni wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:17 pm
Yes, if you own two Cubase licenses you can crossgrade one and keep the other.
Thanks. Sadly this won't work, I own one license for Cubase. Feels a real pity to not have downward/backward compatibility with the licensing.
svennilenni wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:17 pm
As soon as the next Nuendo version is out you don´t lose anything. Plenty written on all the other threads on the forums, that answers your questions...
Re the next version I did search before asking - TBH it feels somewhat precarious to make that jump and buy now, (losing my Cubase license in the process), as there may not quite be 100% certainty about parity and stability etc.
This is not what you think it is./

Return to “Presales”