The new 'offer' is a joke right?

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Matthias Quellmann

Re: The new 'offer' is a joke right?

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Wed May 08, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi all,
Updates and upgrades will be included soon. Here are all details:
viewtopic.php?f=284&t=159834#p856545
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Wed May 08, 2019 6:46 pm

-steve- wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 pm
This is the INBDF in action.

The assertion that current customers are excluded is incorrect. Current owners can buy a second license for half-price, a very common forum request.
folkfreak wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:08 pm
This cynical asnswer from a mod is an insult to long time users as big as the Absolute upgrade price
There's nothing cynical about it. Conversely, a statement such as the title of this topic fits the definition quite accurately.

Matthias has now answered the complaints and questions on the topic, and hopefully the negativity can decrease.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

jimmycooper

Post by jimmycooper » Wed May 08, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks to Matthias and the Steinberg/Cubase team for jumping on this and getting it done right.

dr

Post by dr » Wed May 08, 2019 7:14 pm

-steve- wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:46 pm
Matthias has now answered the complaints and questions on the topic, and hopefully the negativity can decrease.
hasn't answered my complaints or questions?

"family first" - that's the definition of cynical

gestavrakis

Post by gestavrakis » Wed May 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:29 pm
Hi all,
Updates and upgrades will be included soon. Here are all details:
viewtopic.php?f=284&t=159834#p856545
Well thats good to celebrate ALL now the Anniversary event with same terms. Thanks for this ))

felis

Post by felis » Thu May 09, 2019 12:33 am

I was OK with it either way, but it's a nice gesture from Steinberg. Thanks. 8-)

Transistor

Post by Transistor » Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 am

...if only this had been been accompanied by an announcement that Artist (& Pro) could use a softElicenser, I'd be first in line to jump on this. Or in a pinch, that Elements was getting side-chaining :) But still keeping fingers crossed that a regular Pro update will be discounted. That one I'll grab.

Edit: Pro 10 upgrade indeed grabbed. Great move, Steinberg :)

Now, if only I could find an incentive to also upgrade to Artist or Elements for the mobile system... (Artist has stuff that I want, but uses the dongle, while the things Elements offers over AI is pointless for me. Sidechaining would win me over, though.)

r,
j,
Last edited by Transistor on Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i7-5820K/16384/Win10
CPro 9.5.41 / CPro 10.5 / WLPro 10.0.0 / SpectralayersPro 6.0.2
Studio: RME HDSPe AES / Mytek 8x192 / Midex8 / (+ Aurora 8)
Mobile: CAI & WLElements [latest versions] / RME Babyface
Plugins. Hardware.

Ambientdave

Post by Ambientdave » Thu May 09, 2019 9:47 am

Why not as a token of thanks,appreciation and to celebrate the anniversary of Cubase

Offer a refund and free upgrade to Cubase Pro,for those (me included )already done so in the past 12 months,
And a sweet deals on all products and new upcoming versions :D

I too realise that Steinberg need to attract new customers,but at the same time,need to award its loyal customer fanbase.

Lot of people ,(like me) produce music as a hobby and it does work out expensive when purchasing or upgrading,when you don't make money out of making music
Windows 10 Pro, with Intel i5 340GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD,500GB HDD,external 1TB HDD,

Audio interface, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen,monitoring through Beyerdynamic DT250 headphones.
Microphone: Rodes NT1A
Midi controllers: Akai MPK249 and M Audio Oxygen 25,
Software: Cubase Pro 10 (latest version),various sound libraries and plugins

Vaijj

Post by Vaijj » Thu May 09, 2019 9:53 pm

DIdnt read the whole thread but i can clearly understand how it looks.. For sure its a good thing that this offer attracts people that uses other DAW's today casue a bigger user base can only be a good thing. But then again.. What about long time users.. Users that buy the upgrades when they are released, Even doin some "Beta" testing on the way, supporting a good product for year after year. Will we ever get a break for doing so?

Throwing 30% discount for Dorico or some other products is almost an insult. Even more so when you pay the same price no matter what version you have. I left Native Instruments cause i thought it really sucked with their updrade policy on Komplete. Steinberg has pretty much the same one. Buy it and then skip it for a decade and then buy an upgrade if you need it.. Sure no one forces us to buy every versions long as it runs on your system and for sure i could have skipped a few versions but yeah, i just want to know i have the best possible tool at my dispocal. So i upgrade..

But yeah, it would be so nice to get something back at least one time.. it could even be a GA pack etc or a event ticket that you could use for something in the store.. just something.. cause if you already bought all the stuff you need, then 30 or even 50% of something you dont need is just not a very nice way to "celebrate" anything..

Maybe im wrong but the offer to crossgrade to Nuendo was really nice.. BUT giving up Cubase in the future wasnt an option. Now users with other DAWs can crossgrade and then continue to use it if they like, updrade to next version and so on? Thats an easy jump... How about leaving the option open to continue to use both Cubase and Nuendo if you crossgrade as a real celebration...

ohm-ish

Post by ohm-ish » Thu May 09, 2019 11:12 pm

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Sat May 11, 2019 11:42 pm

Thank you Steinberg for listening. I am, for the first time, a Pro user. Excellent!

Return to “Presales”