CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Post Reply
plcpaul1
New Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 pm
Contact:

CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by plcpaul1 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Hello, I must say I am so upset..... seems if i had a competitors software I can get a better deal on cubase 10 pro than- me the already loyal customer who wants to upgrade????????
Am I missing something or am I wrong??

-steve-
External Moderator
Posts: 9098
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by -steve- » Sat May 11, 2019 12:12 am

The crossgrades are valid for the top tiers of the other programs, not for the entry level products, which Elements is.
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

gestavrakis
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:16 pm
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by gestavrakis » Sat May 11, 2019 11:18 am

plcpaul1 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:28 pm
Hello, I must say I am so upset..... seems if i had a competitors software I can get a better deal on cubase 10 pro than- me the already loyal customer who wants to upgrade????????
Am I missing something or am I wrong??
The elements are discounted at half price. Also the upgrades from elements are half price. You can upgrade :)

telecode
Junior Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:10 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by telecode » Sat May 11, 2019 1:50 pm

From my screen and calc, the cost of upgrading to Elements and then to Artist is more expensive than upgrading straight to Artist or upgrading from another DAW vendor to Pro. I think it comes down to which features you thin you will need.
be cool,

https://soundcloud.com/telecode101
Gear: Mac Mini 2008 model, i7, OS X 10.13.x (High Sierra), 16gb RAM, Cubase 10.5, Cubase 9.5, Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam Arturia, Komplete 6, Komplete Ultimate, lots of guitars and lapsteels

plcpaul1
New Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by plcpaul1 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:00 pm

-steve- wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:12 am
The crossgrades are valid for the top tiers of the other programs, not for the entry level products, which Elements is.
The Cross grade are still competitor products so they get the advantage of owning both products at a lower price than me
Got me looking at the there products now kinda of a dumb promotion

plcpaul1
New Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by plcpaul1 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:06 pm

I see it says cubase pro crossgrade Cubase
Cubase Pro 10 Crossgrade
$ 170without VAT????
upgrade from elements is $225.00

plcpaul1
New Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by plcpaul1 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:07 pm

it should be the other way round? if i could get it for that price I would upgrade right now except I am looking at all the others to see whats there. I didn't do that before now
Last edited by plcpaul1 on Sun May 12, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

telecode
Junior Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:10 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by telecode » Sun May 12, 2019 2:07 pm

plcpaul1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:00 pm
-steve- wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:12 am
The crossgrades are valid for the top tiers of the other programs, not for the entry level products, which Elements is.
The Cross grade are still competitor products so they get the advantage of owning both products at a lower price than me
Got me looking at the there products now kinda of a dumb promotion
Yup. this is a very good point. And now if the competitors decide to strike back with their own predatory pricing counter attack, Steinberg have a serious problem on their hands as they have a lot more to lose with the Cubase product in the modern DAW market than some of the more agile companies that are operating in that market space.
be cool,

https://soundcloud.com/telecode101
Gear: Mac Mini 2008 model, i7, OS X 10.13.x (High Sierra), 16gb RAM, Cubase 10.5, Cubase 9.5, Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam Arturia, Komplete 6, Komplete Ultimate, lots of guitars and lapsteels

felis
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 pm
Location: midwest, USA
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by felis » Sun May 12, 2019 11:41 pm

Does anyone know which products qualify as crossgrades? The Steinberg crossgrade page doesn't actually state it:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/crossgrades.html
Maybe there's a workaround there for the OP.

But I'd say if the OP is seriously considering upgrading from Elements to Pro, now is the time.
You might not see 50% off for another 30 years. :lol:

skijumptoes
Member
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by skijumptoes » Mon May 13, 2019 12:30 am

If you add the crossgrade to your basket it does show you there.

telecode
Junior Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:10 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by telecode » Mon May 13, 2019 3:48 am

felis wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:41 pm
Does anyone know which products qualify as crossgrades? The Steinberg crossgrade page doesn't actually state it:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/crossgrades.html
Maybe there's a workaround there for the OP.

But I'd say if the OP is seriously considering upgrading from Elements to Pro, now is the time.
You might not see 50% off for another 30 years. :lol:


Cubase Pro 10
Crossgrade from Ableton Live Standard / Suite, Logic Pro, Cakewalk Sonar Platinum / Professional, Digital Performer, FL Studio Signature / Producer, Pro Tools / Pro Tools HD, Reason (from Version 6), Studio One Professional
be cool,

https://soundcloud.com/telecode101
Gear: Mac Mini 2008 model, i7, OS X 10.13.x (High Sierra), 16gb RAM, Cubase 10.5, Cubase 9.5, Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam Arturia, Komplete 6, Komplete Ultimate, lots of guitars and lapsteels

felis
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 pm
Location: midwest, USA
Contact:

Re: CUBASE ELEMENTS TO PRO

Post by felis » Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 pm

telecode wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:48 am
....

Cubase Pro 10
Crossgrade from Ableton Live Standard / Suite, Logic Pro, Cakewalk Sonar Platinum / Professional, Digital Performer, FL Studio Signature / Producer, Pro Tools / Pro Tools HD, Reason (from Version 6), Studio One Professional

Thanks.

Post Reply

Return to “Presales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests